Author Topic: Baget Jewellery - Gocek  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Baget Jewellery - Gocek
« on: May 26, 2005, 16:29:01 PM »
While we were in Gocek a couple of weeks ago, Chris was looking in the window of Baget Jewlery in Gocek where she spotted a beutiful diamond ring, after trying it on, and, without any pressure from the owner ( think his name is Gino ) he even said go outside have a look in the natural light (obviously did not realise we are Scousers ! ) Anyway we bought the ring with a promise that it is worth a lot more than we paid for it!

We took it to a jeweller here who sent it off to the Guild Of Valuers, this cost a further £76.00

Just got the valuation back and guess what? it is valued at more than double what we paid fot it! FANTASTIC!!

I can't praise highly enough the service and value for money we got here, if you wish to find Baget, walking from the town square where Migros & the Mosque is, towards the harbour, the jewellers is the almost the last shop on the left just before the restaurants.

They get my vote.

Rimms

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Baget Jewellery - Gocek
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 19:18:52 PM »
Sounds great. I got a new engagement ring from Golden Moon in Calis a few years ago and had it valued on our return- same story!

Offline xanadu

Baget Jewellery - Gocek
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 20:04:35 PM »
Well done Rimms. It makes a nice change to hear a good story. I know the place well so maybe I will send Muko in for my next diamond. lol

Offline kanga

Baget Jewellery - Gocek
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 01:26:58 AM »
we bought our father in law a gold watch in turkey(well it was a present from the mother in law for the 40 wedding ann" it cost about £800 pounds ,he has since had it valued for insurance purposes and its valued at £2000 , over the moon
kanga

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
Baget Jewellery - Gocek
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 14:45:56 PM »
Most jewellery brought in Turkey, in my experience. when valued over here, is worth at least 2 or 3 times more what you pay for it. I have always brought from Errols Gold in Fethiye and  Hisaronu and he always gives a really good discount.

maria x

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Baget Jewellery - Gocek
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 20:33:54 PM »
Well, here is part two of this story :

The diamond ring I bought Chris in May was a replacement for the engagement ring I bought her 26 years ago when I was skint and had a 28 inch waist ( shut it Sandgrounder )

Being a bloke I did not realise that this new engagement ring did not match her original wedding ring, and so this needed to be put right !

Chris decided that her new wedding ring should have 5 small diamonds to match the 18 small diamonds surrounding the big solitaire in the engagement ring.

Gino at Baget Jewlery in Gocek agreed to make the new ring and after 3 days we went back to pick it up, it was just perfect.

Once again we have had the ring valued as a special item on our insurance and this time to our delight the value is more than 3 times what we paid Baget Jewlery !

Thanks Gino, another great result !

Rimms

PS, Girls, Chris thinks Gino is the only bloke that can challenge Teo for good looks !

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Baget Jewellery - Gocek
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 20:11:23 PM »

And the rings are gorgeous to look at too!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf