Author Topic: Pound Shop  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Top Brother

Pound Shop
« on: June 23, 2005, 14:59:04 PM »
We're coming out to Calis on Saturday morning and I plan to do as much shopping as I can to furnish our new house on that day.  

I understand the pound shop (or is it million?) is a good place to get all our kitchenware.  Can anyone tell us where it is please?

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 15:16:47 PM »
there is one in gunlukbasi just opposite the school and one in fethiye on the corner by eren spot

Offline lmaddy

Pound Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 15:34:41 PM »
As it took us 5 days to find Eren Spot - I didn't have an address was just looking for a place with lots of safes outside. Here are my directions.

Take the dolmus to Fethiye, stay on until they chuck you off. When you get off you should be facing up the hill - turn round and face down the hill. Walk to the end of the road, turn right, walk past Eren stop to the corner of the road and the million shop is there right on the corner.

Lorraine
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 15:38:25 PM by lmaddy »

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Pound Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 16:56:14 PM »
Or use the one opposite the Police station in Gunlucbasi but be careful as not everthing is a million most of the stuff outside is but inside there are some expensive items  i.e Pyrex dishes

Ron

Offline gt

Pound Shop
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 17:22:16 PM »
Hi as legless says be careful what you buy just because it says pound shop you can end up paying more.Have a wonder round Fethiye plenty of shops selling kitchen ware,may be able to do some barttering down.Or try the tuesday market.The place i dropped on with was the bargins at the migros have a gander you might just drop on we did with a set of pans.
good luck
joanne/graham

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 17:35:14 PM »
Million shop is good for most things although some if it is a bit rubbishpy. If you get the dolmus to Fethiye and walk into Fethiye away from the dolmus station towards the covered market you'll pass loads of small local type shops selling all manor of kitchen stuff. Its great having a rummage. Enjoy

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 18:32:15 PM »

We got a brilliant set of knives from the pound shop, complete with knife block and sharpening steel, I think it cost about 22 million. I have a set of Sabatier knives at home and they are as good at a fraction of the price!

Val

Offline raff

Pound Shop
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 19:50:49 PM »
Be careful with the million shop because they will charge you a higher price when they realise you are British. There aren't prices on anything and when you ask they will quote a much higher price than the goods are anywhere else. I understand enough turkish to realise when we are being ripped off - as Cavfan says - there are lots of little shops in Fethiye near the market which are good value and Migros and Gima always have things on offer. At least there you can see the price.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 07:55:47 AM »
OK, Lets get this sorted out, It's now the Lira Shop ! (seems only the tourists have noticed that millions are finished, the locals have'nt)

The best one we have found is in Fethiye, directions might be hard to follow, but here goes.

From the water taxi, walk up past Gima to the main road, cross over and walk up the street which is opposite to the left, it has a restaurant on the corner, good tip, half way up this street is the Birlik Cafe, it's a brilliant place for lunch and almost impossible to spend a fiver, anyway, further up are all the hardware shops and you reach a main road. The lira shop is opposite you.

This is no more than a 5 minute walk from the water taxi.

Good luck.

Rimms

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Pound Shop
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 09:49:27 AM »
Or.. dolmus to Fethiye and get off at the site of the Tuesday market- the shop is on the left- market on the right.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf