Author Topic: Great service  (Read 8309 times)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
Re: Great service
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 10:42:57 AM »
Hi Chris, ours is unlimited & only have the occasional buffering using a firestick with mobdro & kodi, managed to watch little boy blue on it last night but can be hit & miss with live sport etc.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »
Hi Chris, ourselves is unlimited & only have the occasional buffering using a firestick with mobdro & kodi, managed to watch little boy blue on it last night but can be hit & miss with live sport etc.

Thanks Pompylee. I contacted another supplier and he wanted a set up of 330TL and then 50 TL a month. This seems a lot better. I think he said speeds were around 12 mb. It's the set up that's expensive. Would like to know if someone has this other system and what they think.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
We have Finet, we paid 60TL to have the box on the roof.  We pay  per month, but only when we are here they turn if off when we go back home. Good WIFi very quick. No problems.  The guy from there came over today to take our details again as a passport is now required under new regulations.  Signed forms and paid 40TL.

Sounds a good deal Jaqui. So initially you pay 60TL plus 40TL and then 40TL per month when you come over. Just one question, is the service unlimited or is there a cap on usage? Do you manage to stream tv ok also.

We paid 60TL to get it fitted about 3 years ago, it may be more now.  There is a range of monthly charges depending on what strength you want the signal.    We used to pay 35TL per month but decided to pay. 50TL per month to get the strongest signal.   The 40TL was for the change of contract and coming out for the signature.     
We only pay per month when we are over, when we are not here, they switch it off. 
We get a good signal and can watch T.V with Film On, we have always been able to watch T.V.  it is better now, as there are no adverts.    Also when watching on computer and ipad, we can stream videos well.  Back in Scotland where we have very poor strength.  3.5.  We sometimes cannot stream a video without it stopping.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 13:47:07 PM »
Cheers for info.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 20:42:48 PM »
We had Finet fitted in April. We paid 60TL plus 40TL advance and each month or whenever we want it's 40TL unlimited for 6mb. My hubby does it online, just pays when we want it connected. His brother said it worked very well when he stayed.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 21:41:16 PM »
Obviously, I made a mistake it is 40TL per month not 50Tl.  Seems like we were paying a month in advance.

Offline Lynne09

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 07:48:49 AM »
We are in Calis in June and looking to have internet in our villa but not sure which provider to use my next door neighbour has Sky Fibrenet but always seems to have problems with Internet and with tv buffing any advice please

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »
We've just changed from skyfiber to Fads 4g system.
Before that we had finet but lots of issues with that.

330tl set up.
50tl a month.
Can stop start & take the credit card size gizmo out and about & have wifi wherever you are.
We're happy even though we have thick walls and houses around us speeds are good.
Shame we dont live on the Dolphin Roundabout as it picked up speed of 32 there !

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 09:29:49 AM »
Hi Kayakebab

Is there a limit for you're 50tl or is it unlimited? Thanks.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
We've just changed from skyfiber to Fads 4g system.
Before that we had finet but lots of issues with that.

330tl set up.
50tl a month.
Can stop start & take the credit card size gizmo out and about & have wifi wherever you are.
We're happy even though we have thick walls and houses around us speeds are good.
Shame we dont live on the Dolphin Roundabout as it picked up speed of 32 there !

Sounds like this is like the Vinn wifi system but better and cheaper. Is there a SIM card installed in your gizmo?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf