Author Topic: Turkish government welcomes wealthy foreign property buyers  (Read 9998 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Re: Turkish government welcomes wealthy foreign property buyers
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 17:07:45 PM »
It was also one of the two reasons we sold up in Fethiye

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
Yep same here, we are quite happy renting now. Bank accounts have internet access so that if one of us becomes ill the other can shift the funds easily before the inevitable happens.

We would never buy property again in Turkey or any other foreign country, far too much hassle.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »
Oh great.

Offline quackers

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 13:02:17 PM »
Dont worry Menthol we are stıll happy we bought our vılla.

Offline Firo

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 16:12:22 PM »
The laws on wills and inheritance haven't changed, if you buy a property here without first checking out the legalities, frankly, your a fool.
We took the time to check out the legalities of inheritance and wills with a Turkish solicitor who made a very neat 800tl and assurred us that our wishes would be adhered to,  for us to then find out 2 years later it was a load of old twaddle! So I object to your calling us fools!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 16:33:01 PM »
My comment was not made to offend anyone and I accept the the word "Fools" might sound harsh! maybe "Foolish" would have been more appropriate. But in my defence, I was responding to a post made in September 2013 highlighting the governments view regarding foreigners buying property. I fully accept that if you bought your place many years ago then things like the inheritance laws, living permission on your TAPU, buildings built on tourist land, the tricks that builders and estate agents can pull were widely unknown. But in September 2013 that certainly isn't the case.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 16:48:29 PM »
The greater issue regarding the government wanting foreigners to buy property in Turkey is that they need to address the problems, in the vast majority of cases caused by the ridiculous wait for military clearance. I bought our first home in Turkey in 2003, from a British owner. It wasn't in a military zone two years earlier when he bought it, and it wasn't in a military zone two years later again when I (as a Brit) sold it to another Brit. And a few years later it wasn't in a military zone when that Brit sold it to another Brit. As there have been no changes in where military zones are in the entire area, why do they continue to insist on an 8 week - 6 month wait to confirm this.

It's not necessary and it is seriously critical. For it is this period of 8 weeks to 6 months, that causes, I estimate, 90% of cases of non-nationals losing their dream home AND their money.

A Turk can buy a property the way we buy a car in the UK. Here's the money, here's your tapu, 10 minute job. No time for the seller to sneak off and take out a loan secured on the property, or to run up other debts that cause the bank to take possession of the property they are trying to sell to you.

It's an absolute mess and while nobody in a position to do anything about it is concerned enough to do something about it, sales of property to foreigners might be something they like the idea of, but it will never reach anything like it's true potential. To expose the very people who's investment you crave to this level of financial risk is absolutely unacceptable.

And as with most of the frustrations of Turkish bureaucracy, it would take five minutes to sort out.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 17:13:16 PM »
It's an absolute mess and while nobody in a position to do anything about it is concerned enough to do something about it, sales of property to foreigners might be something they like the idea of, but it will never reach anything like it's true potential. To expose the very people who's investment you crave to this level of financial risk is absolutely unacceptable.
Maybe an enterprising estate agent could come up with a way for buyers to have some protection during period?

Oh wait a minute...

JF

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 19:22:17 PM »
Quite agree with Scunner, they must know by now exactly where the military zones are, if not they should be seriously worried. I rather think that this publicity is aimed at incomers from Arab countries, they've already fleeced the Europeans and the Russians.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf