Author Topic: Important: Check your Home insurance!  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Maxamas

• Newly Registered
Important: Check your Home insurance!
« on: July 17, 2014, 17:45:57 PM »
Hello all! I'm not really a new member but it was easier to change user name. I've lived in Calis for 10 years and appreciated helpful tips from various fora. I hope this friend's experience will be helpful, I've been asked to make people aware of the following by the legitimate insurance brokers with whom we seem to have uncovered a possible scam.

For all those with holiday homes or even permanent homes, especially in Uzumlu, please take time to check your buildings and contents insurance policy, particularly if you have a third party doing it for you. Having just accompanied a friend on the trail of her policy and discovered it hadn't been finalised, despite her full payment to the third party, only a quote was mailed through from the reputable insurance broker to the said third party and was viewed on the computer. Best procedure is to visit the brokers yourself, then you're sure all has been fully paid and receipted. It is a long and involved saga that she went through but tenacity won out. If any one has any questions re detail feel free to private message me.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Important: Check your Home insurance!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 18:14:00 PM »
Wouldn't be the first time a "broker" in the Fethiye area has taken folks money but never actually put the policy in place with the insurers.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 18:20:46 PM »
Or a "keyholder" or property manager...

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 20:21:07 PM »
They're Little Tinkers eh ?  ;)

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 05:40:43 AM »
Also check your prıvate medıcal ınsurance polıcıes same thıng happens there as well and u wont fınd out tıll u need ıt.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf