Author Topic: Tower block fire in London  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Tower block fire in London
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:23:37 AM »
There is a terrible fire in west London at a  Tower block.Six confirmed dead at the moment but more expected.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Tower block fire in London
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:52:45 AM »
First reports are that it was caused by a faulty fridge. I hope for BEKO's sake it's not one of theirs. They've had a lot of bad press recently because of faults with their appliances potentially causing fires.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 16:13:27 PM »
The tower block appears to have gone up in flames very quickly.I wouldn't like to speculate on the cause yet but it could have been an electrical appliance.Even so fire precautions and the conditions of the building meant it added to the awful results.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 21:05:27 PM »
Once again witnesses speak of passing firefighters on the way up as they were heading down.  Just confirmed my opinion that every firefighter I've ever known has been a complete nutter, thankfully.

Cheers guys.

JF

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 22:26:09 PM »
What a marvellous job the fire fighters do. So many more people would have died if it had not been for their actions. They have to deal with such awful things happening. Full credit to them.

Offline DavidGray

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 05:49:53 AM »
I work in a Country which also externally clad older buildings. A simple electrical fault had the same affect that the cladding quickly spread fire. The photographs that have been in the news would suggest that the external cladding was ablaze. The apartments being glass fronted have little protection from fire on the outside coming in.
A tragic loss of life.

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 06:48:03 AM »
Unbelievable for this to happen in 2017. Questions need to be answered and accountability apportioned. Yet again they have not listened to the people, who have had concerns, regarding their safety, living there. The emergency services have been exemplary. My heart goes out to all those people :'(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:50 AM »
Don't worry busybee. There will be an enquiry. Lessons will be learnt. Heads will roll. Lawyers will make loads of money. Blahdy, blahdy blah............... :(

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »

A Lawyer has just been interviewed on Sky News and appealed for victims to contact him or his fellow Lawyers.

One day behind the firefighters are the Ambulance chasers.  What a contrast in professional morals.        :( :(

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 13:06:11 PM »

A Lawyer has just been interviewed on Sky News and appealed for victims to contact him or his fellow Lawyers.

One day behind the firefighters are the Ambulance chasers.  What a contrast in professional morals.        :( :(

Yep, never mind about the human cost, and the feelings of these terribly anguished people. Their attitude is lets find the money.
Totally different to the attitude of their community, who came out in droves with practical help, food, clothes, mobile phones etc without being asked. They just did it. And it was heart warming to see ALL colours and creeds working together. A true community spirit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf