Author Topic: Turkish Condominium Law - Quick Guide  (Read 11699 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Condominium Law - Quick Guide
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:49 AM »
Karen, ref point 6; if there are no major decisions made at your AGM, you don't need to have the decision book notarised, so you'll be able to save a few tl

Offline patrice

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 08:09:47 AM »
Thank you so much Karenr  for all the updated information very much appreciated   :)

Offline longjohn1953

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 11:18:18 AM »
thank you very much for that info karen, hopefully should make our meeting very simple.   x

Offline The Bruces

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 16:16:23 PM »
I will add my thanks to the others. This is the best and most concise summary I have seen. Really helpful!

Offline karenr

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 23:17:10 PM »
I dont pretend to be the expert and I am still learning as I go along......but having our comittee has made people (including Turkish owners) pay up....as once your a legal recognised committee , any owner on the same complex dosnt stand a chance of not paying and the court WILL always find in the complexes favour.... thanks to the Condiminium Act in turkey...

liz101.....thank you for that....but I would rather pay for a few lines  and get it stamped every year  :) s

Offline karenr

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 23:49:03 PM »
You can probaby see from my posts that the reason I set up, and got going our committee was because of non payers (that were  renting out their aparments all summer and not paying the yearly fee)it really cheesed me off that they rented ALL summer and didnt pay a penny to the communial fees, the pool fill, the daily gardner....but were pocketing big cash  from renters.......so enough was enough and after being a recognised committee...... they have all paid up.  :) happy days... ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 00:02:03 AM »
Hi Karen

Did they pay up everything they hadn't paid previously, or they started paying up for now and future?

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 08:32:25 AM »
Not wishing to butt in but just thought I would add that our Committee (with Liz 101 as our trusty font of all knowledge) took the non-payers to Court, indeed one resident has now been taken a number of times, and we WON.  And yes Keith, we got the back pay as well!  Ours has been a long, long journey and when I remember the early days, I never thought we would be in this position.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »
Not only did we win Lynne, but got all the court costs too  ;) It was a bit disappointing last year, as our fully paid up member of the awkward squad paid up as soon as we sent him a 30 day warning letter, sent by mutlu post (the Turkish equivalent of recorded delivery) of course!!

Offline karenr

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »
 Hi Scunner,we had it all luckily.
Lynn, Would you mind telling me how long from sending a letter it took to get to court. Did you use a solicitor and what were the court costs. We have in our resolutions that all court costs will be met by the non payer if the matter gets to court.
Would be interested to know  for future.many thanks in advance.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf