Author Topic: House insurance and dask  (Read 3056 times)

Offline mary anne

House insurance and dask
« on: September 30, 2015, 06:15:03 AM »
Could anyone advise me regarding the new law,that states only residents can insure property in Turkey. Our neighbour who is Turkish and works in insurance assures me that this law came in this year : therefore next year when I need to renew, I will be unable to do so without residency . is this another ploy to get money and the associated medical insurance with residency or is it just another "rule"? Seems to me rather obscure as if you live in an apartment and only one or two can insure for earthquake, buildings and contents the  others who are not Turkish, become pretty vulnerable.
Any information on this would be very much appreciated.
Also information and costs for management company for six apartments if possible.
Thanks again Mary.

Offline yabanci

Re: House insurance and dask
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:21:11 AM »
My brother-in-law renewed his house insurance and Dask last month, and he doesn't have residency, nor was asked for it.

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 06:27:22 AM »
Same here I renew my neıghbours every year and they dont lıve here.He ıs after your busıness. Bet he wıll say he can do ıt for you.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:53:32 AM »
Could anyone advise me regarding the new law

There isn't one. 

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »
We are not residents and have insurance, no problem and no new law we have heard of.

Offline sadler

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »
When we had a property there (sold last winter), we insured with Intasure. We were informed that if you were a resident you couldn't insure a property in Turkey from another country. Cannot remember if this was for buildings and contents and dask or just dask. Perhaps this is what your neighbour was referring to.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 08:50:56 AM »
Not entirely correct.  If you are a resident, you can't insure a property with a non Turkish insurer, like Intasure, or an insurer who isn't recognised by whatever body it is that regulates insurers - I should know who it is but cant be arsed looking it up.  Intasure tried to get round it by affiliating themselves with a Turkish insurer but that was a non starter from the off.

It created a bit of a stooshie at the time it was announced, but most folks got a better deal from local brokers or banks anyway - compared to Intasure that is.

JF

Offline mary anne

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
Thanks all for you replies. I am insured with a Turkish company , therefore I am assured now that all is well. Thank you Mary.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 12:03:50 PM »
Just to clarify house insurance and Dask are two different things so please make sure you have Dask as it is law here to have it but house insurance is up to you to have or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf