Author Topic: Import electrical items  (Read 3174 times)

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
Import electrical items
« on: February 24, 2019, 19:49:27 PM »
I’ve noticed on some Facebook pages that people have been discussing the bringing of electrical items to turkey. What does not seem to be clear is the rules regarding this? Does anybody here have any details or information about this.

Im more thinking about things like hair dryer, cctv, alarm system etc is it a certain value you pay tax on?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Import electrical items
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 21:02:39 PM »
Generally it's OK if you're bringing in small 1-offs for personal use. Loads of people have got away with bringing in a lot of different items in the past. However, it doesn't mean it's legal. Do you you feel lucky ?  ;)

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 21:10:42 PM »
I think it’s a dodgy ground to run trying to be lucky. Is it a case of they stop you on way out of airport or stop you after your bag was scanned from the aircraft?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 21:15:00 PM »
I bought in tv,DVD player, CD players,slow cooker,George foreman,hairdryer,straighteners,iron,steamer,you name it it's been in my 12_cases moving back and forth..think I looked that knackered dragging it on and off carousel that  even they didn't want to bother searching them.

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 21:32:59 PM »
I bought in tv,DVD player, CD players,slow cooker,George foreman,hairdryer,straighteners,iron,steamer,you name it it's been in my 12_cases moving back and forth..think I looked that knackered dragging it on and off carousel that  even they didn't want to bother searching them.

Haha sounds like you been busy. Not bringing huge amounts of electrical in - alarm, cctv, hair dryer, straighteners. The rest is just bedding and clothes.

Offline madmart

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 23:31:34 PM »

Why did you bring George Foreman over in your case, surely he could afford his own ticket!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 08:49:46 AM »
Bedding and clothes  parcel to go..25kg..UK to Turkey in 5 days.pick up from your door.Don't try and sneak any electricals s in the box, it will only hold it up at customs. There is no return with parcel to go, just take it to ptt,good price.

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 16:50:22 PM »
Thanks - does anyone know what you do get taxed on and what you dont? Is there some guidance of second hand goods or otherwise?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 17:30:47 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf