Author Topic: Taking dogs to Turkey  (Read 3955 times)

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 18:53:57 PM »
Hi Dave , we brought our border collie (maisie) out last april Animal Airlines we found were very good ,Mike was the boss,very helpful ,He is based in Cheshire .016125827414 .Kim

Offline nigelthebuilder

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »
hi caza i was interesed in your post we want to bring our 2 terriers to turkey are we allowed to bring 2 dogs into the country ?and also did you need a residancy permitt to bring your pets into turkey?thanks
quote:
Originally posted by caza

we flew our two little ones from newcastle to dalaman with thomsons and used a pet cargo carrier to help us as said above you need to be careful with your timings as you only have a short window of time to get your pets out on their flight or you have to reapply to defra and you have to accompany them on the same flight if not then its a totally different scenario with applications to the turkish consulate etc best all round if you fly with your pets

Offline Firo

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »
1 pet per person, so 2 dogs needs 2 people travelling with them. NO you do not need residence permit to bring in your pets as explained before.
Fi

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 15:59:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

1 pet per person, so 2 dogs needs 2 people travelling with them. NO you do not need residence permit to bring in your pets as explained before.
Fi

We have been told by our pet travel company that you can now take 2 pets each to Turkey. The two of us  are coming out in 3 weeks time with 2 dogs & one cat.

The vet record card for the pets has to be in your name, i.e. each person can have 2 animals registered in their name.

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 18:29:18 PM »
hi guys, another question for you...

I have a friend who has a place in turkey but wont move out there full time as she cant bear to leave her 2 dogs behind. I know she could take them with her but her problem is that she doesnt think that she'll be able to bring them back to the UK once she has taken them out there. She doesn't want to leave them in turkey for long periods of time if she decides to take a month or 2 back in the UK.

Is this the case or can they travel back with her whenever she chooses?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 18:45:41 PM »
No, they'll need to go into quarantine for 6 months if they're returned to the UK.

Offline nigelthebuilder

Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »
Hi can you tell me did you need to have residancy permitt to take your dog to turkey?thanks
quote:
Originally posted by caza

we flew our two little ones from newcastle to dalaman with thomsons and used a pet cargo carrier to help us as said above you need to be careful with your timings as you only have a short window of time to get your pets out on their flight or you have to reapply to defra and you have to accompany them on the same flight if not then its a totally different scenario with applications to the turkish consulate etc best all round if you fly with your pets

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 09:20:01 AM »
Nigel,

You have asked this question about 10 times now. The answer is no you don't need a residency permit to bring pets. Firo answered about 4 replies earlier, and it has been answered in various topics over the weekend that you asked in. There is no need to ask every individual person that brought a pet.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 09:48:12 AM »
Scunner,

I reckon you should close this thread. This fella has also emailed the same questions to me and received the same answers.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Taking dogs to Turkey
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 09:51:33 AM »
I'm just waiting for Jeremy Beadle to pop out somewhere

Topic answered and now locked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf