Author Topic: Easter opening?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline amanda bullock

Easter opening?
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:15 PM »
Will there be more bars and restaurants open over the easter holidays? I can never understand why a lot of places don't open till May when the weather is supposed to be lovely earlier on in the season. 8)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 20:03:00 PM by stoop »

Offline amanda bullock

Easter opening?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:28 PM »
sorry,will someone move this to correct place please.

Offline brianthegardener

Easter opening?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 15:12:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by amanda bullock

Will there be more bars and restaurants open over the easter holidays? I can never understand why a lot of places don't open till May when the weather is supposed to be lovely earlier on in the season. 8)

It could have something to do with the airline companys, a lot of them dont start there flights till May..why would a bar/restaurant open in April, easter, when yes the weather will be quite good but there are not a lot of customers...some places did try opening earlier last year...but found to there cost it wasnt worth opening.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Easter opening?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 15:30:11 PM »
It should be better this year, last year Easter fell in March (brr!), this year it falls nearly a month later, in April  :).

I was over in April last year, lots open, nice weather  :)

Offline amanda bullock

Easter opening?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 15:44:23 PM »
ooh that sounds good !shame the airlines don't cater for the easter hols as much.It could be a nice earner if it was marketed better.

Offline julesbob0303

Easter opening?
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 15:55:02 PM »
Cef, we were there at Easter last year for two weeks, and it was quite cool and showery.  :(

We came home on the 4th April and bars/shops/restaurants were just beginning to pick up, as was the weather.  We felt quite sad coming home as things were just livening up.  Though, by then, the kids had had enough (the weather wasn't good/nowhere open/pool not filled/everywhere very quiet etc etc etc!!)  On returning home, we re-booked to go back at the end of May - no kids this time!!  Had a great time - it was busier, everywhere open and the weather was great!   :)  But, best of all, we could do what WE wanted, without nagging teenage daughters - 3 of them!  :P

Fingers crossed for this Easter.  We fly out on 10th April - please let the weather be good or the kids will drive us nuts!!   :o :-\[xx(]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 16:03:45 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline amanda bullock

Easter opening?
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 16:13:53 PM »
 8) lol,me too.Even if there are no 8) pools open they should be able to go in the sea i hope.too cold for me though.I'm a right wimp!

Offline kanga

Easter opening?
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 00:45:10 AM »
Hope the weather will be good for you Amanda as seems to be the main factor. We have been to Calis in many different months/seasons and it always plays a part with kids in tow, (We  have 3, kids that is).
Always somewhere open in Fethiye and much more open in Calis than there used to be but if you have the sun who cares about anything else. Its hard occupying them when its rainy,cloudy and cold and trust me it can be. Hope you have a great time.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Easter opening?
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 01:14:07 AM »
We will be at Aytur Hotel from 18 April for 18 days. Am I right in thinking it doesn't have a pool? Not bothered because it is so near to the sea, just wondered.

Only 58 sleeps to go!

Offline amanda bullock

Easter opening?
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 09:12:02 AM »
might see you Dave.I'll be the one NOT in the sea.lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf