Author Topic: Anyone remember the 4TL Efes??  (Read 21932 times)

Offline ronzeus

Anyone remember the 4TL Efes??
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 18:25:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy

Well apparently there was a meeting at the Orient hotel and all the bars/restaurants and hotels have agreed 5lira for a large beer this year.

Not a chance of this happening.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 19:11:58 PM »
Oh my god! how will I cope with this rise this season ;): :)

Offline Grumpy George

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 19:48:44 PM »
It's a shame if bars and restaurants go this way in Calis. Most people are avoiding the Euro Zone because of similar hikes in prices . Turkey has the opportunity to be one of the top holiday destinations providing they don't also start to get  a little greedy and take advantage of the holiday makers who visit the area year after year .

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 20:10:17 PM »
Well well well! All you people who were aplauding the clean up of the calis beach now know the price you will pay.Plus the zabita are visiting all the bars etc dictating that the EFES and ULker sunbrellas  cannot be blue and white or red and white to promote their products, but must be of a colour similar to the background.So no promotional sunbrellas from now on and a cost of some 600 lira plus plus to each bar operator,to comply.With inflation at close to 10% per annum here how clever is this.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 20:13:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

All you people who were aplauding the clean up of the calis beach now know the price you will pay.

Good! It's a price worth paying for a clean and hygienic beach in a family holiday resort!

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 20:23:15 PM »
It might be if they actually finnished what they started.sure they dug up the concrete from below the surface,but they did not remove the stones.The photo showing it ploughing the beach with a humorous quip was the end product.The beach is no more hygenic after locals fishing with Raki for support over night than it was before.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 20:52:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

All you people who were aplauding the clean up of the calis beach now know the price you will pay.

Good! It's a price worth paying for a clean and hygienic beach in a family holiday resort!

I'd prefer clean toilets first - and so would my missus:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 21:02:42 PM »
The price of Efes is of huge importance to a few people on here. Indeed it is their only concern on this forum. Even with my lofty threshold of pain, I'm weary of this topic!!!

A few weeks ago I was paying 8 quid for a local beer, looking out onto the canals of Venice. I'd prefer to do that a thousand times than pay £1 a pint and watch my children dodging the fag butts and broken bottles while trying to play on a beach. Once again, hats off to those who saw the need to address the issue of the state of the beach. They may not have finished the job to the satisfaction of everyone, but they certainly did more than the likes of "captainjon"!

"Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what has happened"

Offline reggie

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 21:16:20 PM »
Here here :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 21:20:19 PM »
I realise I'm in danger of making this a bad habit, but can I ask a daft question.

What proof is there that price of Efes is in any way related to the clean up of the beach.

Might it not be that the price from the suppliers has increased and that the bar owners have had no choice but to pass it on, just as would happen in the UK.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf