Author Topic: The moaner has moved on.  (Read 6218 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 09:49:08 AM »
It is usual for people who come to CBF to tell us all how crap Calis is (and in 7 years there have only been a handful) and they seem entirely put out that the responses aren't warm. This is the Calis Beach Forum!!! It's also the general rule that they then start telling anyone that will listen that you can only post on CBF if what you have to say is positive.

Believe it or not I have met quite a few people who didn't fall in love with the place (customers who ended up buying somewhere else for example), and it is permitted! I do get it - Calis might not be everyone's idea of paradise! The point is that if people joined CBF and said they gave it a go and sadly it wasn't for them, the replies would be far more sympathetic than guys like this who prefer a "what is it with all you people, are you blind or stupid/it's a hole full of pervs and conmen" angle.

That's down to the ability to know how to speak to people (especially strangers), and sadly this individual has no ability in that respect whatsoever.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »
Cheers Scunner, I've been called many things in my time but never a mad pioneer!  ;)

He would have hated the shacks dotted along the front,the uneven floors in the hostelries,  the potholes in the road, the poor lighting,the limited menus, the holes in the floor that were the loos,the dancing bear on the beach, the long wait for food to arrive, the vast expanse of fields that ran from over the bridge up the to Fethiye road.

He would have also probably have completely missed the point of the wonderful people who were just getting used to tourism and had an innocence,genuine charm and willingness to help to make your holiday into a special event !  :)

Offline foggiestmeldrum

The moaner has moved on.
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 09:46:42 AM »
This person maybe does not have anything else in his life,he is maybe a Victor Meldrew.We,ve all met them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf