Author Topic: Fethiye to Dalaman Road  (Read 1129 times)

Offline kevman

Fethiye to Dalaman Road
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:47:10 AM »
Early this morning we had to make the trip to Dalaman airport to take family who were going home. We all know the road is a bit of a nightmare especially in the dark. Having children on board we set off early to get there safely and in good time.Going over the mountain from Yaniklar down to Inlice we followed for most of the way a Yesil Dalyan Transfer coach, who also seemed to be sticking to his speed limit and observing the No Overtaking signs. Following us was a vehicle who's driver was getting very impatient. He was flashing his lights and kept pulling out to try and overtake. In the end he cut through the central barriers and came along side of us just as a coach was coming the other way. He immediately cut in between us and the minibus in front, we braked hard, the minibus in front swerved,and he kept going and was gone before we knew what had happened.We are not sure if he was carrying any passengers but if he was they would have had a nightmare journey.The vehicle was a dark coloured minibus with no writing on that we could see but looked very much like a transfer bus. We hear about people who have had nightmare journeys to and from the airport. Not a way to start or finish a holiday!!!!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Fethiye to Dalaman Road
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 11:51:48 AM »
We have had the odd driver like that! Madmen! We told our provider and the journey back was much more sedate.

I think sometimes they try and do too much and then getting back to Dalaman for the next flight arrival makes them take stupid risks.

Mind you - my son picked us up in Chaing Mai earlier this year and the hire car he got ran out of brakes after about 100 yards. Luckily I was still alert enough after the 16 hour journey to pull on the handbrake before we hit the main road leading from the airport!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf