Author Topic: Beware of electrical shops who says they can repair apple produces.  (Read 2162 times)

Offline 160606

This is more of a warning rather than anything else.  My daughter, son in law and our grandchildren are in Calis this week on a well deserved holiday.  While there they noticed an electrical shop that said it could repair apple products.  Unaware of the large amount of information on this subject here on the CBF they took their I pad in as they had a crack across the screen.  They were told it would take 24 hours and would be repaired for them. They left it thinking they would have an "almost like new" il pad before they came home.  It has taken 3 days and when they collected it today they were dismayed to find that the screen that was to be repaired was very loose all they way around the edge and that there was a strange green smudge on it. They returned to the shop only to be told that the manager was not there and that if they left it again they would have a look at it.  My son in law not happy at this asked when they could speak with the manager, he was told to come back at 5 p.m. which he and my daughter did only to be told the manager would not be back this evening.  They then contacted friends of ours who live in Calis and asked their advice, they acted upon this advice and went to the holiday police and explained the situation to them. They told them they would go with them to the shop but they could only make the manager  give them money for the broken item.  This they did, strangely the manager was there and tried to say that the smudge was already on the I pad when they brought it in.  My daughter refuted this and when the police told the manager to pay them the money for the I pad he said he would and offered them a very small amount of money. They refused this, the manager then said he would repay them the money for the I pad but wanted them to produce the receipt for the purchase of it as he was of the opinion that they had bought it in Turkey and were tying to get extra money for it.  After a time of disagreement during which my daughter was becoming more and  more distressed,  my son in law told him he would pay for the new screen but would not pay for the labour, which the manager refused saying he had been up till midnight repairing it.  He has actually broken the screen and they will have to get it repaired at a much more expensive cost when they get home.  He became very threatening to my daughter when she tried to have a conversation with him and he actually made a veiled threat towards her,  she was that scared that they paid for the work completed so they could get the I pad back although it is unusable and get out of the shop.
When they got back to their holiday home they were able to inspect the I pad property and the green smudge has the distinct appearance of a thumb print suggesting that the screen had been pressed very hard with a thumb, trying to fit it back into the housing.  My daughter is a senior manager for a large telephone/internet computer provider and has a in depth knowledge of the workings of tablets etc.  They both have been quite shaken by the aggressive manner of this person and felt they were in danger if they stayed in the shop.
They do not know the name of the shop, it's their first time to Calis and only their second time to Turkey but it is opposite McDonalds in Fethiye.  So word to the wise, don't take any Apple items or any electrical items into this shop and if you are thinking of bringing an I pad here with you on holiday, maybe it would be a good idea to pack the receipt for it's purchase just in case you need to have it looked at while you are here.  In fact don't take anything into this shop to be repaired unless you can prove the cost of the item you may just be threatened like my daughter and son in law were.

Offline Pompeylil

how sorry I am to hear this, in our local town in the UK we have a guy called the I Doctor,  he is very good and repairs all screens on I products
he can be found on the net as I Doctor Waterlooville
they may wish to use him on their return

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
I think we need to know the name and location of this nasty piece of work.  (Oops, just seen he is opposite McDonalds in Fethiye).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Yes I agree.

It's also a shame that so many shops and businesses, when faced with the fact they got it entirely wrong, find the best form of defence is to become aggressive and threaten.

Name please.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf