Author Topic: Twelve bottles of Rioja for £48.99 limited availability  (Read 27358 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Twelve bottles of Rioja for £48.99 limited availability
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2015, 19:09:36 PM »
That probably explains why they sat in the same place for 7 days Steve - they might have known it had been dropped or similar and been awaiting instructions. The instructions when they came being 'just deliver it'.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2015, 20:19:13 PM »
Not really Chris - I paid for 12 bottles not 9   ;)

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2015, 20:27:34 PM »
It's just another example of a world gone mad. The driver was explaining to me that he is self employed and only gets paid by Mail UK when a parcel is delivered and accepted by the customer. When he collected my parcel from Stafford he could tell straight away that it was damaged, the sound of broken glass from inside and the big red stain were dead give-aways. The rules meant that he still had to deliver it to me to give me the opportunity to reject it. He even had to ask me for some gaffer tape to secure the box up again because they are not allowed to carry gaffer tape in the vans. His trip from Stafford to Stoke and back again was a complete waste of his time and fuel costs. He earned absolutely nothing for it. I felt so sorry for him.  :'(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2015, 20:48:04 PM »
It's just another example of a world gone mad.

It's nothing new Steve. It was standard practise when I worked for TNT in the early 80s. It's part of the T&Cs of almost every delivery company in the world that even if a package is obviously damaged, the consignee must either accept it in that condition or refuse it and sign to that effect. It's then up to them to make a claim against the consignor, and for the consignor to claim against the carrier.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2015, 22:24:33 PM »
One of the people who delivers parcels to us, told me that she uses her own car and her own fuel and gets 50p per parcel she delivers.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2015, 23:45:41 PM »
That's her choice Jacqui. There are hundreds of housewives who do it for pin-money. It's an ideal job for someone who's surrounded by neighbours and SMEs that have a number of small packages delivered from mailorder outlets.

Unfortunately though very few of them have Goods In Transit insurance (GIT) and most probably haven't informed their motor insurers that they're using their vehicle for business. It'll all be fine until they have a damage or loss claim against them, or they're involved in an accident. Their insurers are likely to refuse any claim.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2015, 07:03:29 AM »
All my attempts to request a refund from the supplier are being bounced back to me. I'm using gestion7@monteregio.co - does anyone have an alternative email address that I could try.

I'm beginning to wish that I had accepted the damaged parcel, at least then I would have 9 bottles. At the moment I've got bugger all wine and the same chance of getting my money back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »
Can you try via your credit card issuer?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2015, 11:02:36 AM »
I'm using gestion7@monteregio.co - does anyone have an alternative email address that I could try.

Try: monteregio@monteregio.com or add an "m" to the end of the one you've been trying.

JF

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2015, 12:17:03 PM »
Thanks for that JF. When I googled Monte Regio all I found was a company in Madrid that sold legs of smoke ham over t'internet.  I thought someone has been telling me porkies   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf