Author Topic: Turkish Lessons  (Read 7730 times)

Offline Linda

Turkish Lessons
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »
Turkish Lessons by Umit Kasim

Winter is approaching fast and we will all have more time on our hands, so why not dedicate some time to learning or perfecting your Turkish Language skills!
Umit will be holding an introductory meeting this Thursday 1st December @ 2pm in Four Seasons Restaurant, Ovacik (opposite Sok supermarket). Umit is an experienced Turkish teacher and will tailor his lessons to the needs of his students i.e. Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced levels and Grammar, Conversational or purely Useful Phrases. To help speed up the learning process Umit will separate ability levels e.g. beginners and intermediates.
Classes will be held twice weekly at the cost of 10 TL per hour. The meeting on Thursday is to give people the opportunity to meet Umit, ask questions and to enable him to determine the ability levels of those interested. So why not come along, meet new friends and improve your Turkish in warm and comfortable surroundings .........

Offline anna g

Turkish Lessons
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 11:08:34 AM »
Linda, won't be able to make the meeting but can you let me know what days and times the lessons will be. Would like to have a go but not sure if will be able to but let me know anyway, see what I can do. Thanks Anna.

Offline Linda

Turkish Lessons
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 14:13:17 PM »
OK Anna I will post details on here of what has been arranged as a result of the meeting. Just out of interest what ability level are you and anything you want to focus on particularly?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Lessons
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 14:57:44 PM »
Hi Linda, I had a few lessons with Umit early this year, he is a superb teacher. Shame its in Ovacik, I would have liked to do intermediate but without a car its a bit of a hike to Ovacik from Calis : (

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Lessons
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 18:51:57 PM »
Time on our hands Linda?

Offline Linda

Turkish Lessons
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 21:33:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

Time on our hands Linda?

Well I have more so than in summer Anne ... :D

Offline Teatime

Turkish Lessons
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 14:06:37 PM »
I can give Turkish lessons free, of course to only ladies :D

Offline anna g

Turkish Lessons
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 21:29:32 PM »
Linda,

Basically I would be learning from scratch. Interested in every day things, ie ordering things in shops, greeting people, understanding how much things cost. Also just an idea of the alphabet and how language works.

And who are you teatime?

Offline Linda

Turkish Lessons
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 14:46:17 PM »
The meeting went very well today and Turkish lessons are commencing w/c 5th December .... twice weekly on Tuesday's and Fridays from 1pm in Four Seasons Restaurant, Ovacik.

Classes are spilt into Absolute Beginners, Beginners and Intermediates. Please contact Umit Kasim if you would like to join a class or call in and meet him in Four Seasons ......

Offline Linda

Turkish Lessons
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 15:48:38 PM »
Just come back from my first Turkish lesson, which went really well despite my nerves lol I have had numerous lessons over the past few years and have to say that Umit is by far the best teacher I've had! I think I would have progressed a lot quicker if Umit had been my teacher from the start! It's never too late to start or pick up where you left off though as I have done - Umit is running 3 classes twice weekly ... Beginners at 1pm. Absolute Beginners at 2.30pm and Intermediates at 3.30pm. He will also do catch up lessons for those who arent able to join until the New Year. Contact Umit (umitkasim@hotmail.com) or just turn up on a Tuesday or a Friday in Four Seasons to join a class ....
Good to see that you made it Anna g xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf