Author Topic: My head is done in!  (Read 4914 times)

Offline Linda1953

My head is done in!
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:52:20 AM »
I'm trying to plot my exodus for a few months to Turkey.  I'll be getting rid of all my furniture and probably just having a suitcase full of admin, my cat and me with some clothes going over there.

I need to get my passport renewed which is what I will immediately be doing after Jan 6th (can't do it before).  

I'm having problems co-ordinating it all as I have to have vacated my premises by 6th January 2006, not having anywhere planned directly to stay beforehand, as I don't want to get tied up in any flat 6 month contracts, so to be honest I am in dire straits over accommodation before I get off to Turkey, then there is the cat to see to in preparation and then getting my backside over there provided I can fit all my worldly goods(what is left of them)into two large suitcases!

Any suggestions apart from hitting the Raki LOL!

Offline tel

My head is done in!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 13:22:22 PM »
Maybe a small cheap guest house is worth checking or tell the council you are homeless.
Dunno, have you no friends to put you up or relatives if you only need a bed and will only be carrying two suitcases.  Apart from that ring CAB.
Tel

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
My head is done in!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 19:12:13 PM »
it will be no good going to the council,they will say you have made yourself homeless.

all the guest houses are full this time of year dont you know that.if i was you i would go to argos and get yourself a nice warm sleeping bag for that stable you are going to end up in.dont get to worried if you wake in the night with three wierd blokes with beards standing over you .lol

seriously though i hope all works out for you.

marcus
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 19:26:20 PM by brummyboy »

Offline Linda1953

My head is done in!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 23:00:28 PM »
I've checked out a B&B locally today and I will probably be in there until I get sorted. :D

There is a woman's resource centre who said I am quite welcome to go there if all else fails me as they know of my circumstances. :)and they are not straightforward but I don't want to go into it here.    

Yes Marcus you are quite right about the council, but they still have a duty to put you up for 28 days even if you do make yourself intentionally homeless, it's the by law.  Have a look on the Shelter site.  :)

Offline tel

My head is done in!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 23:06:28 PM »
Linda,
I wish you luck and I hope something works out for you.
Tel

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
My head is done in!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 02:38:46 AM »
linda ,i wish you every happiness in the world and i hope that life brings you everything that you want from it.

marcus
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 02:42:27 AM by brummyboy »

Offline Emma

My head is done in!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 15:14:46 PM »
Good luck!

Offline lindi

My head is done in!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 19:48:07 PM »
Hi Linda

If you have friends/relatives who will be visiting you in the future maybe you could leave some bits and pieces with them to bring over when they come - just a thought.

Hope all goes well.

lindi :)

Offline Linda1953

My head is done in!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2005, 11:30:51 AM »
Thanks for all your good wishes and I'll keep you posted up to 1st Jan, after that I'll be offline until I get organised as I have to shut everything down for moving.  

I've been static in this house for 10 years of my life and as some of you might know desperately trying to get out of it for the last 18 months. (The same houses around me are still up for sale and there are no signs of moving for them).   I'm over 50 and I'm grabbing what's left of the last half of my life - adventure and a new life here I come! There are people in the world with far less than me, and far less opportunity than I have had!

A very good friend of mine has contacted me and is putting me up in Leicester while I make the transition from UK to Turkey as I there are still things to be decided such as my business and done before I go.  

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON CALIS BEACH AND THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY MOANS AND GROANS AND HYSTERICS! LINDA! XXXX

Offline tel

My head is done in!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2005, 12:44:06 PM »
Good for you Linda, I am pleased someone has come to your aid.
Go for it and grab life, like you say.  (Life isn't a rehearsal, it's now)
Best Wishes
Tel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf