Author Topic: *******The Dolphin News We All Prayed For********  (Read 39613 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
*******The Dolphin News We All Prayed For********
« on: September 05, 2010, 00:40:48 AM »
On the 31st of March I broke the news of plans to build a dolphinarium in Olu Deniz/Hisaronu and today, 5th September I can confirm that the 'facility' is closed and will not reopen. Born Free will take care of the immediate future of Misha & Tom.

The Sunday Express runs the story as "Dolphins Saved by British Expats" tomorrow and while we must not think like that - the Turkish support has been amazing - I personally want to pay tribute to the Dolphin Angels, the tireless work of "our" Nichola, to Born Free who walked forward as so many dolphin charities stepped back, to Helen Worth who put our 'little' story into the biggest newspaper in the UK as only a celebrity can do, to Donal MacIntyre who took it up a gear to British television and to every person who marched for Misha and Tom, and those who showed their support on CBF and Facebook.

Make no mistake, if we all just accepted it, they would still be facing the rest of their lives in a human built prison. What has happened this weekend happened because of what we did. Not just the Helen Worths and the Donal McIntyres - YOU.

I don't see that I did much but I am proud to call myself part of the group that shouted disapproval and didn't let it just happen. I hope you are too. I am ashamed that Turkey allowed this to happen at all - I am ashamed of Kerametin Yilmaz for allowing something akin to bears in chains to drag our beloved Turkey back generations, I am ashamed of Seaside Tours and Hamish McTurk for their support and ticket sales that prolonged the agony of Misha and Tom and ashamed of Nadia's Bar for their unwavering support and later disrespect of the peaceful protest march by turning up their music to try and drown out the speeches. I hope nobody ever forgets who supported and in doing so prolonged this barbaric imprisonment.

But this isn't about negative feelings, I'm proud of every tour operator who refused the lure of the dolphin lira, to every bar that turned their music OFF for the peaceful march and proud of what was ultimately achieved.

This is one of the most important days in the history of CBF - well done everyone.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/197576/Dolphins-saved-by-British-expats

Offline Rosy

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »
The only thing to add to this is  A HUGE THANK YOU to you Scunner for the work you too put in to spearhead this campaign on CBF. With this support and Facebooks ever growing membership we achieved the seemingly impossible dream. A proud day for all. Let the celebrations begin. :) :)

Offline joannasal

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »
What an amazing way to start my day - Thank you for the Fab news.

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 04:59:54 AM »
Excellent...well done to everyone.

Offline neesie1171

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 05:13:29 AM »
Absolutely brilliant news, big well done to everybody involved and especially Dolphin Angels!

Great way to start the day!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 05:42:18 AM »
If it wasn't so bl**dy early I would raise a glass or two. Forum Power helps again:D

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 05:51:35 AM »
Brilliant News ! well done everyone.

Offline Donna2202

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 06:36:45 AM »
This is fantastic news, as I write this they are on their way to freedom!! Born Free now have an appeal as they need to raise £150,000 for the rehabilitation of Misha & Tom. The website to donate is:

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/shop/acatalog/Dolphin_Rescue.html

I can't wait to see photos of them in their new 'natural' home.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 06:55:45 AM »
Well done everybody and especially the Dolphin Angels, I wish Tom and Misha a happy and speedy rehabilitation.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:09:48 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 07:19:52 AM »
The Dolphins are out of the cess pit and on their way to re-hab:D

WELL DONE EVERYBODY!!!!:D ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf