Author Topic: conning exchange place  (Read 5694 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
conning exchange place
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 18:21:53 PM »
Many thanks for taking the time Brian. Here it is - avoid it, tell others to avoid it, job done  :)

Offline SuziQ

conning exchange place
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 22:09:21 PM »
i knew about this place from the forum a few years and we always use our bank in Fethiye or the change place at the top of the high street opposite the lycian centre which is very good.  We were out in August for 3 weeks and my 11 year old son popped in there whilst I was in the bag shop next door with £15.00, the man gave him 40 lira.  Now he only told my husband and I later over coffee in the great coffee and cake shop nearby. The rate that day was 2.85 which makes £15 come out to 42.75 so he had done my son out of 2.75, not much I know but it is the principal of it.  My husband took my son back to the change place - one to teach him a valuable lesson to always check your change and also to find out what was going on.  The man said he remembered my son and that he gave him 40lira, on questioning from my husband he suddenly said that he had given him 42.75.  After getting nowhere with this guy my husband started to tell the customers entering the shop not to change money there as they short change you and the guy got very cross and threw his calculator nearly hitting my husband.  Only when my husband started to question that he was a 'man' by saying 'be a man and give the boy the 2.75 lira' very strongly (my husband is a puppy but looks like a bulldog ) did he finally give the money to my son, after he had suggested that my son was a liar.  How can this place continue to do business it should be closed down.  I tell everyone I know about it but as you say there will be people especially who may have had a few Efes who just dont realise.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
conning exchange place
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 22:39:24 PM »
Sadly we need far more people like your hubby Sue - too many Brits just put it down to experience or blame themselves for being a sucker and walk away - and I truly believe that this causes us to be actively selected and targeted there. Ripping people off is one of my hates and crusades to do my bit to prevent it, but ripping off kids makes my blood boil.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
conning exchange place
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 22:44:57 PM »
Well done to your hubby Sue :). It is also a per hate of mine, I loathe it.:(

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
conning exchange place
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »
Well done to that man.  I unfortunately had the money taken out of my hands and twenty lira put back in to bundle.  Which made it hard to argue.  He knew and I knew but how can you accuse without proof.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf