Author Topic: Very quiet  (Read 5073 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Very quiet
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 14:54:06 PM »
Hiroshima !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 14:55:43 PM »
Apologies  :-[

Offline angela

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 16:11:15 PM »
Hisaronu has got to be one of my favourite places for people watching, be it at the Monday market or sat in a bar, but it's too noisy and brash for me (or I'm too old for it more like) and I like my Turkey Turkish,  but as a window on the world, fascinating!!

Offline busybee

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 19:58:56 PM »
Sadly wasnt too many people to watch!!  I only go twice a year, once to shop and once to pretend I am 30'ish again   ;)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 20:15:19 PM »
Whenever we are over in Turkey we always have a couple of nights in Hisaronu. Almost always end up in Berts Bar (Calypso Bar) until the early hours and catch the last dolmus out - or get a taxi.  Also enjoy a good Chinese meal at the Dragonaro. We all like to joke about Hisaronu but it is pretty good fun for the odd night out.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 06:04:27 AM »
Berts bar ok for the odd visit.. but when you are here for seven months of the year.. visiting Berts bar regularly is not a good option unless you are happy hearing the same old tracks time and time again.. as he doesn`t vary it . Thats ok if you are here for one or two weeks. Yes Hisaronu is brash and loud  at night in the centre with the boom boom and karaoke etc.. most people you speak to out here detesting that aspect of  ( Hiroshima) Hisaronu .. but those night clubs  always seem packed out.  Fortunately there are quieter `backwaters` down the wing roads off Bar street  you can seek out  who would be glad of your custom.  But generally now there are less and less brits visiting Hisaronu or buying properties here .. so it might hopefully one day soon be a much quieter place ( prefer the out of season period here by far anyway )     But heres food for thought..  there are a block of 16 apartments just built  on the edge of Hisaronu  and we were told by a reliable source that 14 have been sold to Lebonese people (arabs)   so is that the direction H  is going ?    russians and arabs and turks now the main buyers  ... winds of change developing   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf