Author Topic: Hisaronu centre  (Read 17822 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Hisaronu centre
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 07:26:44 AM »
Kevin makes a point that Hisaronu is not all about the main street and he enjoys the place he owns there.
We also think Calis is not all about the town centre.  We live on the outskirts and enjoy the quiet little corner of Calis we have.  However, Calis is also about the people and the lovely community spirit we all seems to feel, the affinity us members have and the wonderful way we all get together to help the local Charities. To me Calis is a warm and happy feeling when we go there to see people we know and to meet other members of CBF.  We have a unique community thanks to CBF that make Calis a lot more than just a holiday destination.
Incidentally, this view is from our balcony in Calis, not what a lot of people would expect.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 07:39:08 AM »
Like your style ! Kevin3 !
Always a laugh reading Hisaronu threds !  People pontificating  about a place that is also peoples home!  People that if they don't like Hisaronu don't need to visit !  It's easy to find criticism about all the resorts be it Olu,  Kaya,  Fethiye, Uzumlu Calis ☺   

Hisaronu has always been the same, will always be the same until the British and no longer there!  Let it be as it  is love it or hate it! Visit or stay away!

Long live the King ! Long live Marmite Town.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
Gawwwwwdddd here we go...go...I'm not pontificating about anyone's home merely pointing out Hisaronu was not for us, we were looking forward to a change of scene and a day out but sadly could not look at anything touch anything or even utter a word such as trainers before the shop keepers were upon us, we felt intimidated in two shops to he point I thought my husband was going to get punched for saying he wanted to pay no more then 40 tl for. Cheap hoodie but he would have to like it, not just buy sumst a teenager would wear, that was it for us I said iv had it lets go, had be been left alone we would have bought far more then we did... It made us realise in Calis we are pretty much not hassled thst much...
Thank goodness we are all different in this life...

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »
Karennina
For as long as I can remember Hisaronu has been the areas punchbag. Someone makes a post about Hisaronu
and the hate mob kick off.Most of it goes over my head as i'm happy with my lot but occasionally I will defend
it and wonder why these people need to keep going back there to make sure it is still a bad place to visit.
If they are happy with Calis stay there and enjoy it.I wasn't bothered by your post but the reaction to it was predictable
Enjoy your holiday.     :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 20:03:59 PM »
We used to be one of the Hisaronu knockers but now don't feel this way anymore.  We enjoy our trip to Hisaronu and particularly to the lovely shop run by a sister and brother, shop is called
Anadolu el sanatlar  they never try to drag you in as they are always too busy serving. We have bought lots of things for our home there and last visit met a family who live in Calis in the shop who told us their home is full of items from this shop.  We also found a little shop that had lovely shirts very thin cool material, Phil loved them.  The shop is run by a Turkish family, again, no hassle and they have a sewing machine in the shop where they make items themselves our neighbour in Calis was so impressed with Phil's shirt, he wanted one and said he would break the habit of a lifetime and go to Hisaronu.    We also found a really nice shop full of Turkish furniture, rugs, jewellery etc., just under the Shine Restaurant.  They have a branch in Paspatur, again no hassle.  I also love Goldfinger and it is now my Beauty Salon of choice in the area, two branches one in Ovacik and one in Hisaronu.  In fact, when at the Ovacik branch, Phil wanted a shave, so Kathy, the owner drove him down to the Hisaronu Salon whilst I was getting my nails done. Great service, lovely staff and good hygienic treatments.   We also love the Garden Centre in Ovacik lots of lovely plants there and if you need something the owner will get it for you.

I am getting fond of Hisaronu (and Ovacik), will be back in September.  However, will draw the line at any night visits  :)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 21:04:12 PM »
Yes I really like the little shop you have fallen in love with, much like those more expensive shops in the centre of Paspatur, the owners sister is my daughters's Turkish dentist - Sehan. The Turkish furniture rugs etc shop is fabulous but wildly expensive by anyone's standards. A jug for flowers was a ridiculous price. Lovely stuff though. These shops were hassle free. HOWEVER most of the bag, nails and clothes shops can't leave you alone and are beyond irritating. The actual Hisaronu village with local type shops is lovely with friendly people and reasonable prices. I can't say I like the night life but that just one area.

High up in the mountain behind Hisaronu is a fabulous hotel/restaurant, very different and more European. M booked us a night up there and it is amazing. The food is all fresh daily and cooked by one of the 3 owners. Everything is immaculate and it's a well hidden treasure. It's called Palazzo il Refugio. Check it out on Google.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 22:01:41 PM »
Lottie,  Just looked it up on T.A. it is beautiful.  Think we will have a meal there and stay over the night in Setpember.  Thanks for the heads up.
Did you drive up there?  is it easy to find?   

Offline Lotty

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2015, 22:42:58 PM »
Not really easy to find the first time Jacqui, we did a reccy beforehand on one of our drives. The last 200 metres is still unmade road. Taxi drivers know it, say it's near the blue Orka apartments. I think the hotel will collect from Hisaronu anyway. We love it. Views to die for.  ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »
Thanks Connie, will have a look when we are over in September.  :)

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 16:29:07 PM »
Looks like the only guest is a very large Rottweiler.☺ but he will not will not answer the phone!

Palazzo il ??
But all is well ! Only Restaurant open certain days! No guests just now but more due next week! 

Thanks Connie, will have a look when we are over in September.   :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 16:54:01 PM by ovacik2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf