Author Topic: Do you want to have a great night out without leaving home?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline SteveJ

Do you want to have a great night out without leaving home?
« on: April 03, 2020, 02:47:46 AM »
Some of you may already know that I run a Club in a small town called Alsager in Cheshire. We were supposed to be having a gig on Saturday 21st from Jason Dale who is one of (if not the) best Elvis tribute acts in the country. Jason and I spent three hours on Friday afternoon setting up the stage, sound equipment and lights in readiness for the gig only for BJ to announce at 5pm on Friday that all bars, pubs, restaurants and clubs were to cease trading as of close of business on Friday night which effectively cancelled that gig as well as all the other ones that I had got lined up (Michael Buble, Robbie Williams, Gary Barlow, Tina Turner and Buddy Holly)

Jason came over on the Sunday to start packing it all up again when we hit upon the idea of doing the show "live" on the internet so that's what we are intending to do on Saturday 11th April starting at 7pm UK time. You can watch it for free via Jason Dales FB page. I'll be the host and compere which will be a bit stange as there will only be Jason and myself there.

We are asking for donations to raise funds which I will send to the COVID_19 Emergency Fund. If you follow the link below you can make a secure donation if you feel as though you would like to. 

https://www.facebook.com/donate/2520510938214905/

Everyone stay safe and stay indoors and fingers crossed Pauline and I will see you again very soon. Our April and May trips have gone down but I'm still hopeful for our annual trip over in September.

Don't forget - SATURDAY 11th APRIL at 19:00. I sincerely hope that some of my friends in Calis and Fethiye will be able to tune in, so turn the sound right up and get dancing.

Offline hornedfrog

Re: Do you want to have a great night out without leaving home?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 07:15:09 AM »
What a fabulous idea to boost spirits and raise some funds! Count me in!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »
Just a point of interest, I've gone on to both your FB profiles & this concert isn't mentioned (although the Covid19 fundraiser is) - I wanted a link to forward to a friend who is a mad keen Elvis fan. Can you update this post when the concert has been announced on FB please then I can send her the link, thanks.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 11:39:32 AM »
I've mentioned this to a couple of Elvis fans that I know and they too are going to wait until full details are on your FB page.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 21:25:05 PM »
Hi All,

The link to use is.....

www.facebook.com/jasondalelive

It will be available from 18:59 on Saturday 11th April.

Log in quickly or you will miss me or if you prefer log in a few minutes after 19:00 and you will miss me.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 14:26:08 PM »
Due to the current restrictions on non-essential travel Jason and I have decided to postpone this event until the restrictions get lifted and we are both able to visit The Thirteen Club again. It will be going ahead at some point in the future we just don't know when.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 15:12:01 PM »
Hi All,

The online concert has been rescheduled to Saturday 18th April @19:00 GMT. Unfortunately I will not be the host and compere as I will be self isolating at home having been registered as "severe risk of illness" due to my diabetes. All the links mentioned above will be valid for the 18th. Let me know via a PM if you are watching from Turkey and I'll try to get Jason to give you a mention.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf