Author Topic: Is this Art??  (Read 4246 times)

Offline patrice

Re: Is this Art??
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 19:00:38 PM »
No  ???

Offline sadler

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 20:51:57 PM »
It always amazes me where these "talented artists" are found. I am sure several of us could cobble together a creation on a par with those pictured, but nobody discovers us!!   ;)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 20:52:42 PM »
No.

Last time I went to the Tate Modern in London there was one exhibit which was a mirror in a clip frame.
Apparently it was so the beholder could 'divine their own interpretation' of what they saw. Um - my own face? My son has a similar 'piece' on his flat wall, should he sell it for thousands of pounds?

Another 'highlight' was one large canvas painted entirely red - no textures or shades etc - next to another which was identical apart from a single large purple stripe down the middle. These were Adam and Eve, apparently.....

:o : :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 20:58:45 PM »
These were Adam and Eve, apparently.....

I wouldn't - believe it that is  :)

Offline marina

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 21:20:41 PM »
It always amazes me where these "talented artists" are found. I am sure several of us could cobble together a creation on a par with those pictured, but nobody discovers us!!    ;)

My three year old grandson could cobble together something better than those!    ;) ;D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 21:34:19 PM »
 I am sure several of us could cobble together a creation on a par with those pictured, but nobody discovers us!!"

I wouldn't bet on it sadler

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 21:53:19 PM »
I wouldn't pay to go and see them and I would hope my taxes and other deductions didn't go to the creators or exhibitors.

It's not art in my opinion. but people with more money than sense will ensure that it continues.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 00:02:24 AM »
I remember during my first year at grammar school we had an art teacher who looked like a chubby version of Quentin Crisp, and acted just like him. We had to produce a portrait which would be scored and archived for our 'O' level course work. I painted an entirely black canvas and, when asked to explain it, I said that it depicted "Midnight in the Black Forest with a blackberry eating a stick of liquorice".

I was sent to the headmaster's study where I was caned and then suspended for a week for "wasting educational resources, attempted subversion and conduct liable to cause the good name of the school to be questioned by the local education authority". Fortunately for me, on my return after the suspension, I was banned from all further art lessons for the remainder of the term.

That was the first of a good number of canings and 4 suspensions and I've never, ever, regretted leaving school on my 16th birthday.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 01:38:28 AM »
I wish I'd have stayed on at school. Who knows what I could have learned in the afternoon.  :)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 08:51:45 AM »
It depends on how many drugs you have been on when you look at them.
The more stoned you get the more you see in them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf