Author Topic: Steep Sudden Rise in Medical Costs  (Read 4240 times)

Offline quackers

Steep Sudden Rise in Medical Costs
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 13:51:37 PM »
I can only say what we are charged and that is 270 tl a month joint insurance. It was 255tl but went up in June to 270tl. I understand from an English friend who has recently applied for Bagkur/SGK that it is no longer available for ex pats and you now have to have SSK insurance at 190tl approx per person, no age limit. Existing illnesses are recognised if you have it confirmed here by a hospital doctor and a report is submitted by him to Ankara for acceptance onto the scheme. After Ankara agree(it can take 3 weeks) the hospital will give you a copy of the report which you keep and submit with every prescription.The pharmacy will copy this report so they can get repayment from the government for the drugs supplied to you, which are mostly free or reduced rate.You cannot go into a pharmacy and ask for the medication and expect it for free. Like the Uk a doctor must give you the prescription. My husband is diabetic and has high blood pressure all his medication is free.Please be aware when we applied for medical insurance we had to have had residency for 1 year before we could apply. I don't know if this has changed.

Offline Firo

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 16:45:44 PM »
I think that there are 2 systems Bagkur at approx 270tl per couple and then another which is SSK at 190tl for a family. I have no idea why or what the difference is but they are different.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 18:00:39 PM »
Does the Bagkur go towards the state pension and the SSK is only for health?

Offline quackers

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 07:05:24 AM »
Bagkur/SGK is not linked to a pension medical insurance only. SSK is medical insurance and pension.I understand Bagkur is no longer available. Will let you know when I find out.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 20:37:11 PM »
Bagkur is for self-employed whereas SSK is for employees.

Until last year these insurances where completely separate but now they are both part of the SGK which deals with all insurance issues.  

Offline neesie1171

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 13:09:13 PM »
We went to the SGK office today to try and get on to what we believed was going to be the SSK system.  When we spoke to Cagatay, very helpful, he advised us that he would be entering me onto the Bagkur system.  This is a cost of approximately 275TL per month.  My understanding is that this system is only open for foreigners at certain times of the year.  Looks like we were lucky.

Anyway, we filled out all the documentation, then went to the Ziraat Odasi, beside the Letoon Hospital, got the form stamped and then went back to Cagatay who will now enter me on to the system.  We have to go back in about a month, and at that time I will now be live on the system and we should be able to add on my husband.

The only slight blip on the horizon is that due to new regulations, because my husband is in receipt of a pension it seems that we have to get some sort of official document from the British Consul to say that he is not entitled to treatment in the UK on the NHS. We are off to the Consul office tomorrow so we will see what happens there.

Offline neylan

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 22:42:52 PM »
There are two options in SGK now.

1. General Health Insurance
2. Bag-Kur

Bag-Kur system is giving chance to retire 15 years later and if you chose that one you have to let them know if there is no more retired pension from anywhere else...it means not any problem now before 15 years...and thats not only for expats, all the rules are also same for Turkish citizens...thats cover the couples (on husband's name) and now TL267,84 monthly payments.

General Health Insurance is better for single applications about the cost as TL159.-

Everyone can apply if has got residency more than a year and Turkish kimlik number, thats all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 22:43:24 PM by neylan »

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 09:16:11 AM »
Thanks for the info Neylan  :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf