Author Topic: Can ANYONE Explain This to Me  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Can ANYONE Explain This to Me
« on: March 17, 2009, 16:38:53 PM »
As reported in Hurriyet newspaper:

The result of a court case in Didim last week spurred the British homebuyers to make this decision. The British couple, Geraint Evans, 41, and Beckie Evans, 38, bought a luxurious, four-bedroom villa from contractor Ali Bulur for 52,000 pounds (125,000 Turkish Liras). While the couple was waiting for legal permission from the military, Bulur took out a bank loan, assuming the villa was a mortgage. When he could not pay back his debt, the bank took back the villa that was paid for by the British couple, and sold it to someone else. The British couple lost the court case they opened against Bulur.

You don't need to explain to me how people can lose so much money to a dishonest builder. I know how stupid and carefree people can be when they turn up in Turkey with huge sums to spend, some of them really do know it all! Sorry, think they know it all.

It is easy to find a dishonest builder, you don't need to explain that to me. There are plenty of honest ones, but to the untrained ear they just don't seem as convincing as these ones who offer the world. You don't need to explain to me about dishonest builders.

But, they paid all the money up front with no Tapu, the builder lost their, yes THEIR villa to the bank when he gave up THEIR property as security then couldn't cover his debt...but...

HOW THE HELL DID THEY LOSE THEIR CASE AGAINST THIS MAN?

Win it but have no chance of getting their property or money back perhaps, but LOSE the case? It's totally incredible.

Do your homework guys [:o]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf