Author Topic: Several Questions if I may..  (Read 14669 times)

Offline davybill

Re: Several Questions if I may..
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »
My oppinion is come over rent a property,look around the area,see if you like
being in the countryside, then you will probably need a car,then decide if you want yo buy
but if your in Calis or Fethiye,the local buses are cheap,and run regular,
i would definately decide on a pool,as there is nothing like a dip on a hot summers day,
it depends on your lifestyle,how you manage your budget,but you can live well,
and the weathers and the freindly people is free.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 09:29:03 AM »
Thanks everyone, food fo thought this morning. I think it will be a carless more central area. Household maintenance isnt something I thought of, and realise now how that can impact on finances, so back to the rent or buy question. Slik would sooner buy, i,m not so sure.  Its good to get an idea what a monthly household budget will be. Really apreciate the help.

Offline quackers

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 09:58:28 AM »
We have our own pool and costs for a year to clean maıntaın and all chemıcals ıs 1300tl. We do the garden ourselves but neıghbours pay 400 pound a year maıntenance. Electrıc and gas and water are about what Jım says. Medıcal ınsurance approx 270tl for a couple. Cost of lıvıng, well we eat out approx 3 tımes a week and at home the rest and I reckon we spend approx 600 pound a month on food sometımes more. Earthquake  and buıldıngs and contents ınsurance approx 350tl - 450tl a year depends on sıze of property. Councıl tax approx 250tl - 400tl a year depends where you lıve and sıze of property.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 11:16:08 AM »
Thanks quackers, thats great info. We  are really starting to see the realities of living there now,so hopefully we can put some figures together and see if we can do itx

Offline quackers

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 12:17:17 PM »
Dont forget ıf you decıde to buy.Problems can arıse wıth ınherıtance laws ıf you have been marrıed more than once and also ıf you are not marrıed. Read the threads on here about ıt. Also I presumed your were marrıed, ıf not the charges for medıcal ınsurance wıll double as turkey does not recognıse partners only marrıed couples for thıs therefore you have to have sıngle person ınsurance.
Do we stıll thınk ıts worth ıt lıvıng here, you bet we do, we love ıt warts and all.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 14:27:52 PM »
Yes, we are married. My husband has been married befors, so thanks for pointing that out, will definately look at info.

Many Thanks

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 14:31:36 PM »
I remember reading a really interesting post last year, I think written by Anne, about the hidden costs of living somewhere so desirable.  When you live in a place as lovely as Calis/Fethiye (Ciftlik!!) you’ll have a regular stream of family and friends visiting.  You know how much more you spend in general when you’re on holiday?  It’ll be like that then too.  You’ll do more journeys, you’ll eat out more and the general household bill for food, loo paper etc will be higher.  Guests may or may not think of offering to contribute to that.  I’m not saying don’t do it!!  Far from it, just think how much fun you’ll have.  Just make sure it’s in the budget.

Can I just add how much I’ve really enjoyed this topic?  Everyone’s been kind, thoughtful and considerate and the information has been invaluable for slikmrs.  There’s been no sarcastic comments from world weary people who have answered this question many times before and there was an acknowledgement from Scunner that the figures will have changed since last time.  It’s at times like this when I feel really proud to be a member of this forum, albeit a new and inexperienced one.  Thank you everyone.

8) :-*

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 14:57:06 PM »
the complex pool is open may to october

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 15:42:44 PM »

Scarey reading about inheritance laws, do they only apply to property? If we rented and slik decided to pass, would that still apply to all other assetts, money etc.

I totally agree Suzpuss, never been disappointed with the helpfulness of the lovely people of this forum. Unfortunately, they have created a monster, from my first posts about booking a package holiday a couple of years ago to now moving there..time goes so quickly and I appreciate all of the advice and the good hearted banter that goes with it. Everyone is lovely and Thankyou aswell for your feedback. I hadnt actually planned on inviting anybody over, but knowing my family..Bernie

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 16:04:06 PM »
Aside from taking the mickey and having a laugh, the purpose of CBF is to pool experiences and share advice to ensure as few of us as possible fall into the many traps and difficulties that are out there in the real world. I think we all do it well and we'll always be here to write yet again that you should avoid the change money man, or to watch the prices at Gemiler Beach...and advise on buying a property or moving out to retire - quite possibly the two biggest adventures  :)

Once we get all your questions answered we'll take the p*** out of you something rotten, that's how it works :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf