Author Topic: Private Sale Scam  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Private Sale Scam
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 18:28:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sootysweep

Thank you Tinkerman for bringing it to peoples attention, but we for one wish we hadn't have bothered

What a stunningly selfish comment. Forums primarily get important news out to the people that need to know. Sorry if that doesn't suit you personally.

Offline sootysweep

Private Sale Scam
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 18:37:29 PM »
Apology accepted.....which is why we got back immediately this morning to Tinkerman's original post.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Private Sale Scam
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 18:39:35 PM »
That's twice today I've got a response I wasn't expecting

Offline Eric

Private Sale Scam
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 18:55:28 PM »
Where are the sarcastic comments?  Yes it is great to have this info on the forum to warn forum members.  But, what about people who are not on this forum?  They may fall for this persons scam and be thousands of pounds out of pocket.  This MUST be reported to the police so they can take appropriate action.  Yes I agree that at times the Police do not act on certain matters if they think people want to 'claim off insurance' but this is a clear case of attempted fraud with witnesses and ID information.  We will be informing Uzumlu residents through the recently set up e-mail network, I hope somebody in Calis who has all the info on this person informs the Police so no one becomes a victim of this scam.

We hear so much on here about people who are burgled etc. but cannot get justice because the perps get away and there is little or no info about who carried out the act.  There is clear info here but no one seems keen to protect others against him!  I am dumbfounded.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 18:56:53 PM by Eric »

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Private Sale Scam
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 19:25:00 PM »
Elaine, I am really sorry if my comment caused offence, I applaud you for taking this scum to the wire, but to not ensure or ask the Notary to take it further is what I questioned, the Notary in this case was suspicious enough to query him, at this point my own curiosity would would have been to ask what they intended to do without my involvement.

I would just hate to learn in the coming months of an owner whether Brit or other being conned because they do not read this forum.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Private Sale Scam
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 20:01:22 PM »
I think the comment was directed at me for saying somebody greedy enough might get taken by this. By definition I did not mean Elaine. Please spread the word, a private buyer who doesn't want you to use a solicitor is 100% dodgy. Not 90%, 99% or 99.9%. Hear the alarm bells and run.

Offline turkeytim

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 00:00:52 AM »
3% ...........estate agent fees?Seems a lot.Even for the UK.
No Turk would pay £3,000 fees on a £100,000 sale.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Private Sale Scam
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 00:36:43 AM »
Oh yes they would.

Offline jinky

Private Sale Scam
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 15:58:57 PM »
3%, i have just had a turkish estate agent ask me for 10% as there was another agent involved, i checked on thier web site and they even have my house at 35k more than i am asking for so if i was to give them 10% they would be walking away with over 50k,yes i told them where to go,who do we report the cowboy agents to,

Offline dreamon

Private Sale Scam
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 18:46:50 PM »
Report to CBF, Jinky, CBF.
Name and Shame on here. [:(!]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf