Author Topic: Viewing Olu Deniz from Hisaronu  (Read 2869 times)

Offline dulux

Viewing Olu Deniz from Hisaronu
« on: August 01, 2010, 21:33:48 PM »
A friend of mine has told me that when he visited Hisaronu a few years back there was a place where you could get a fantastic sighting of the Lagoon at Olu Deniz.All that he could recall as to the location of this viewing spot was that it was on the left hand side as you came into Hisaronu.He said he walked to this spot and remembers it so well because when they got there his wife said that they should be able to walk through the woodland and and down to exit at Olu Deniz.Like a fool he said he went along with his wife's idea even though they had no water and it was nigh on 50 degrees of blistering heat.It apparently took them a good hour and a half and they emerged half way down the hill into Olu.He said they were both parched,knackered and covered in dust.I found it quite comical the way he told of this little adventure and how he kept swearing at his wife as they struggled to get down to Olu.He said he remembers turning off left as you walked through Hisaronu maybe up a little track to the spot where this view of the Blue Lagoon.My obvious question is does anyone on here know of this place my friend is talking about and more importantly where exactly is it and is it still accecable.Thank You All.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 21:55:41 PM »
It's possible that they mean the Lycian Way.

If you take the Oludeniz road from Hisaronu there is a turning on the left that's sign-posted for the Montana Pine Resort and the start of the Lycian Way.

The Lycian Way has been widened recently and it's now possible to drive along it for about 2 and a half kiloms to the Viewpoint where you can get some of the best views of Oludeniz and the lagoon without having to paraglide. There are a couple of footpaths that veer off of the trail which eventually come-out in Oludeniz. However, they are extremely steep and rock-strewn and I wouldn't recommend that you attempt them.

Offline dulux

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:39:37 AM »
Thanks KKOB.Sounds like a place we might go and see when we stay at Olu Deniz later on in the year.Chatted to my friend again and he said it was about 10yrs ago.He said that it was definitely a turning on the left off that main road through Hisarou but they only walked about about 50 yds and there was a track leading off right to this spot.He said they never walked nowhere near 2 and a half kiloms to get there.He did say a couple of hikers told them about the place so maybe it was a secret place not many knew about back then.Its making me all the more to determined to find it now though lol.

Offline Boo

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 23:21:04 PM »
The place your friend meant was the path that starts just past the Dedem hotel in Hisaronu, beside the depot where the fire-engine, and various equipment is kept. There is a path that is now quite wide that you can follow up the hill through the forest. About 15 to 20 minutes walk depending on your pace. Just before you get to the top of this path, which has a wall either side there is a path, track that goes off to the left. I am pretty sure one of the horse-riding companies goes this way. Another 5 minutes and you are at what is indeed a good view of the lagoon. Much less of a walk than starting the Lycian Way. Not advisable to try foraging your way through the forest to reach Oludeniz though - there is no path down this way from here.

Offline dulux

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 17:55:37 PM »
Thanks for that Boo. I showed my friend your reply and he said that is 100% the place they went to. He laughed when he read your comment about it not being advisable to try foraging your way through the forest to reach Oludeniz though as there is no path down this way from here. Because thats exactly what he and his wife did and they will never forget it.I will surely go and find this place when we are over as it sounds a great place to take a photo of Oludeniz which is actually where we will be based. Again thank you and KKOB for giving us answers.What a great forum this is.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf