Author Topic: Winds of change for Hisaronu  (Read 21678 times)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Winds of change for Hisaronu
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 23:06:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karabag

I think it's good to have a place like H, it keeps all the chavs and likewise people in one place, saves them going into Fethiye and Calis, just my opinion!

I am not a chav and the majority of people I met in the hotel were not chavs.  We do not stay in one place and are always welcome any time we go to Mosaic Bahce.  Or in Calis when we go to see a rather popular barman there that used to work in Hissy.
So a silly statement in my opinion.  Especially when original post was to ask if Calis and Fethiye had a poor season.

Offline BM06

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 23:40:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karabag

I think it's good to have a place like H, it keeps all the chavs and likewise people in one place, saves them going into Fethiye and Calis, just my opinion!

Oh yes, and Calis is full of toffs init, what a silly statement, and as Heather said the topics about the season had by the other areas mentioned, not your opinion on a resort:-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 23:45:28 PM »
And how often has the opening post in a CBF topic still been the question discussed by page 5 :D

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 00:45:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

And how often has the opening post in a CBF topic still been the question discussed by page 5 :D

probably not a lot ....but I still ain't no chav: :) ;)[:(!]

Offline booo

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 05:37:36 AM »
I think in Hisaronu people can tend to stay in their hotels
Friends of mine work in Asena Village and it is always packed there, they do half board so people stay for meals then they have lots of entertainment too.
I dont particuarly like Hisaronu but if you want to be near Olu Deniz but need somewhere cheaper to stay then it is ideal
More for kids to do up there what with the little funfair, bouncy castles and go karts
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:38:05 AM by booo »

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 07:28:54 AM »
My original post on here was about the decline of visitors this year to Hisaronu. But of course,I might have expected you `Calis``ites` on here  would turn it into your annual `Hisaronu bashing` time :-)
One of Keith`s posts on here mentions " if you were an agent and you had to sell Hisaronu what would you say " ??  ......I have probably said all this a dozen times before but here goes....The number one plus is that Hisaronu enjoys probably the best general location in the area. Its 5 minutes away from one of the prettiest and popular resorts in the area Olu Deniz, which has a safe beach for children swimming and an even safer lagoon.
Hisaronu is also only 5 minutes away from a typical turkish village with a fascinating history Kaya Koy... which is a delightful walk also from Hisaronu.
Hisaronu is also only 20 minutes away from a turkish working town and a pretty harbour called Fethiye.
Hisaronu, with its breathtaking mountainous backdrop .. is very close to a forest area with many lovely walks .
Hisaronu still boasts probably some of the best restaurants around the area catering for all types of cuisine.
Hisaronu itself ( like the majority of summer resorts on that coastline has a Bar street )  If you enjoy that scene then fine. But if you dont, there are quiet areas and Bar street can be avoided.
Hisaronu caters for all ages but the majority of visitors tend to be middle aged couples, or families with children.
Like all the other surrounding areas, you will find the local turks very hospitable and friendly, and there is a hardcore of regular british visitors who return there year after year, so it obviously has a lot of appeal.

Go on you Calis`ites` book a week  over in H  next year and see that I am right :-)

Offline shuttle

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 08:24:36 AM »
Here here Sleuth! Well said.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:51 AM »
I have kept out of this post as they generally turn into a tit for tat our resort is better than yours sort of thing and I am also enjoying a week in Ovacik  ;) however I have to agree with Sleuth's comments and that is exactly why we bought our place in Ovacik for its central location to give us the choice of things to do and places to go. It has changed an awful lot over the 8 or 9 years we have been coming and some of those changes are not always for the best in my opinion. When we first visited the area and the transfer bus dropped people off in Calis I remember saying to my mate "glad were still on the bus and not getting off here" I did not like the look of Calis at all. I do however go occasionally and realise my blinkered view was wrong and can see some of the charm in Calis. One thing is certain if all resorts were the same there would be no point in holidaying at all.
I know where I like to go if I am going out in Hisaronu and where not to go (bar street). I also find that we don't get hassled to go into restaurants except one where we were asked every night we passed it as its where we got out of a taxi most nights. It didn't bother us as we ended up having a laugh with the bloke after a few nights.
Bewva (middle aged non chav for anyone who is keeping tally). ;)

Offline Linda

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »
Very well said Paul and Sleuth. I too try to keep out of topics like this, especially as I live in Ovacik so I'm,obviously biased as I'm happy with the area which I live in! However, living out here does offer a different perspective than that of a daytripper from another resort or a tourist here for a week or two, who merely get a snapshot of an area ...
I agree that the joy of the area is that there is something for everyone in close proximity. True there have been a number of business' that have fallen by the way side this year in Hisaronu but I have seen this in Fethiye and Calis as well .... it's a sign of the times I'm afraid!
This forum is 'Calis Beach' .. so naturally there is an allegiance to Calis as a resort. That being said I feel it's unnecessary to so blatently slate another area just a few kilometers away!! Live and let live ....
As for you not being a chav Bewva .... I can definately confirm that you are not  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »
I must say that I am not slating Hisaronu, I do not "get it" and I have never really made the effort to find out why those who love it, do. Having read Sleuth & bewva's posts...I still don't get it!!! Well I suppose I am a little closer to understanding it but I can't think of any notable destination that is popular not because of it's own charms and offerings, but because of it's proximity to other places that do have something to offer! That's like holidaying in Grimsby because it's as close to Skegness as it is to Scarborough (no offence to Grimsby readers!).

Ultimately it is everyone's personal choice and anywhere around Fethiye has to be better than Altinkum or Falaraki  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf