Author Topic: Warning to cyclists on Fethiye Kordon.  (Read 5636 times)

Offline angieebabe

Re: Warning to cyclists on Fethiye Kordon.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 08:33:58 AM »
Although there is no excuse for the individuals behaviour we have had food and Drink in Barista on a few occasions and have always found the staff in good humour especially the Gentleman with the pony tail as mentioned .
 But saying that there is Signs at each end of the Kordon stating no Bicycles permitted , whether the cycle track is incomplete or not in a nutshell whatever nationality no Bikes allowed.
We have sat in many establishments on the Kordon and Calis Promenade and the amount of Families with young children that have to move to avoid collision with bikes on a pedestrian walking area is unacceptable .
Nothing against bikes or Electric driven machines be interesting to see how many actually use the Blue dedicated bike track !

Offline davybill

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 09:09:57 AM »
Hes lucky somebody hasn't thumped him. because most people cycle by the sea,
and woudnt put up with his threats.

Offline Stopfordian

• Certified incomprehensible
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 10:39:20 AM »

No ponytail, bloke with a shaved head and wraparound sunglasses. I spoke to Baris with some local friends and he told us three different stories. He knows the man, but he only works there on a Friday, and he doesn’t know his name. My wife was crashing into things and he has cctv to prove it. My friends asked to see this, but his camera was broken on this day. Lastly, no one from his place spoke with my wife.
I appreciate what you are saying Angieebabe, but I see no dissent from cyclists who have to avoid pedestrians walking on the cycle way. Many times we are on the kordon to avoid these, but using your argument then maybe we should just run into them?
My friends advised me to take this matter to the polis, so that is where it is.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 11:01:35 AM »
Perhaps someone could get the local cycle club to hold a meeting nearby on the Kordon.  ;)

Offline Stopfordian

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 19:54:40 PM »
Although there is no excuse for the individuals behaviour we have had food and Drink in Barista on a few occasions and have always found the staff in good humour especially the Gentleman with the pony tail as mentioned .
 But saying that there is Signs at each end of the Kordon stating no Bicycles permitted , whether the cycle track is incomplete or not in a nutshell whatever nationality no Bikes allowed.
We have sat in many establishments on the Kordon and Calis Promenade and the amount of Families with young children that have to move to avoid collision with bikes on a pedestrian walking area is unacceptable .
Nothing against bikes or Electric driven machines be interesting to see how many actually use the Blue dedicated bike track
If you read things correctly you will see my post isn’t intended to cause debate about the rights or wrongs of cyclists or pedestrians. It is an accurate description of an incident that happened to my wife. and was intended as a warning to cyclists. Assault is assault no matter who thinks they are in the right!!

Offline Stopfordian

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 21:14:13 PM »

Just shown my missus the replies on here and the man with the pony tail came to diffuse the situation.
 So I will cycle by and chat with him. I understand this is a dead end street and they will not say who it was, but at least she will feel safe going by there. Thanks for the input and descriptions everyone. 👍

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 22:05:33 PM »
I do hope your wife feels better about this happening soon and doesnt spoil her time in Turkey...I am of a similar age and would have felt the same had i been threatened...I have read about ( must be the same chap) on fb of other things that he has done, its not acceptable...certainly doesnt make me want to visit this place anytime soon

Offline Stopfordian

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »

Many thanks Karennina. We are back in the UK now and due back home in Akarca September 4th so hopefully she will be confident enough to carry on her merry way by then. I will make a point of cycling by when we return, if only to thank the man with the pony tail. 😊😊.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf