Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 9239 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 15:54:48 PM »
I agree with Scunner on this. You have to declare at the point of sale otherwise they have the right to cancel the policy. Did they refund you?

I’ve added two new medical conditions prior to coming out here. Both minor but I thought it best to cover all bases. Both times they just added it and didn’t charge extra.

I understand the arguement but why should I get insurance for a medical condition that did not exist at the time I went on holiday.

Yes to refund - £ 4:00

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2018, 13:29:18 PM »
I agree with Scunner on this. You have to declare at the point of sale otherwise they have the right to cancel the policy. Did they refund you?

I’ve added two new medical conditions prior to coming out here. Both minor but I thought it best to cover all bases. Both times they just added it and didn’t charge extra.

I understand the arguement but why should I get insurance for a medical condition that did not exist at the time I went on holiday.

Yes to refund - £ 4:00

But you said you did at the time of taking out the insurance:

“At that time I had a swelling on the middle finger of my left hand which I did not declare because I felt sure it would clear up before we left.”

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2018, 13:38:08 PM »

I hope I haven't made you any more angry H

Heaven forfend    :)

I believed that the problem would be resolved before we flew and therefore didn’t want to pay to have insurance for something that didn’t exist. It’s not as though the undeclared condition was life threatening.

If the problem had arisen after I had taken out the insurance presumably the company would have covered me if I notified them. So, what is the difference.

On the good news front the company have advised that I will be refunded for the withdrawal of cover. I can hardly await for their cheque for £ 4.40.

I would be interested to know when members organise their travel insurance – days, weeks or more before departure.

I always take mine out for the year - before I book any flights/holidays. Of course on the off chance we might not go away then I wouldn’t take any out at all  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf