Author Topic: Bostans - our worst meal in Calis  (Read 4719 times)

Offline sagirl

Bostans - our worst meal in Calis
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:42:08 AM »
Was so looking forward to their BBQ night on Saturday, waited the whole week even went in on the Tuesday before and booked a table. No table was booked luckily someone left as we arrived.  All started well with the meze then we chose our meat from the glorious desplay laid out by the entrance.  Went back to our table to await our food, glanced over at the table right next to us a lovely Turkish couple eating the most wonderful plate of BBQ food, before we even got our food decided we would book to come back next Saturday.  Well our food arrived after about 40 minutes and I couldn't believe what was on our plate. A piece of steak two inches by one inch big and burnt and 4 pieces of what was supposed to be lamb cubes, but so burnt and dried up that it could have been anything.  I was horrified!  I went across to Ali to complain but in the lovely Turkish way he thought I was complaining about the amount of meat and kept telling me I could order more it was an unlimited buffet...that was not the point. It was the state of the food how did they think anyone would accept this meat that you couldn.t even eat.  To compound the problem a new turkish couple had sat at the table next to us and also got their food which again looked fantastic.   Ali offered us a free bottle of wine which we declined.  Eventually manager or owner not sure came across and offered us drinks I took a soft drink and then this most wonderful plate of meat arrived, why oh why couldnt they have served that to start with.  Yes they were very apologetic and made amends but my evening was already spoilt.
This is our first week in Calis and it has been lovely but not how I remember Turkey from before, we've been overcharged at our hotel, 10 tl overcharged at Guvens bar the next day, and two days later overcharged on our Tayfun cruise, now for our final week.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
What happened when you complained about being overcharged? Did you get apologies and explanations?

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:16:50 AM »
Can't really see what the problem is?? Ok they should not have brought out burnt food but when you complained and they finaly realised what the problem was it was fixed and they offered complimentary drinks/wine etc as an apology.
So if that was your worst meal in Calis I think you go off lightly:D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24:12 AM »
Such a shame when she has looked forward to her holiday.  We have had good meals at Bostans but why serve up burnt inedible food in the first place? Do these places think that they can just get away with it. We certainly wouldn't have attempted to serve up some of the meals that are dished out here. I know that they rectified the problem but the night was already spoiled for her I know that there will be those who say that they have never had a bad meal in Calis and most of them ARE good but this and her other experiences haven't given her a positive feeling about Calis.
/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:38:52 AM by mercury »

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
We went to Bostans the week before for the BBQ and couldnt fault it, apart from they ran out of one of the aubergine mezes, but
there was 5 of us and I think it might have been our fault for eating so many : )
They were very attentive and kept asking us if food was good, and our waiter was a real character, Hasan I think his name was, really nice guy
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:30:42 AM by kayakebab »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »
Just to add that I think the staff at Bostans and Recep and Carol are wonderful.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 10:36:54 AM »
Bet they wouldn't have served it to Germans! They won't take the cr^p us Brits put up with sometimes. I note two Turkish families got wonderful looking food.

At least they offered to rectify it. Good on them for that.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »
I think the complaint here is that the Turkish people appeared to be getting better food..

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
No the complaint was that their's was burnt and not fit to eat.

Offline bagpus

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
I can only apologise for your meal. I really am very sorry and the fault was all ours. No excuse, but the lady who usually helps in the kitchen broke her finger so was off duty. I am afraid the cook was under so much pressure and the food that came out was not always up to the standard we had hoped. As soon as we got a complaint my husband immediately went to help out in the kitchen (he wasn't in there before because he was checking some guests into the hotel). We tried to make rectify the problem immediately. Sorry it was too late. We have as of today taken on extra staff and the chef has been talked to.
I am sorry you had such a disappoinment. We certainly do not favour Turkish more than English. When the chef gets an order for food he doesn't know who it is for as there is just a table number written on it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf