Author Topic: Kahve Altı  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kahve Altı
« on: October 30, 2015, 16:53:23 PM »
This little gem is well worth a try.  After hearing of it via Facebook I was desperate to give it a try
We were met by two lovely ladies who explained that has no menu but invited us into their spotlessly clean kitchen to choose our dishes from a selection they had cooked that day.  With little English they explained what each dish was and how many portions they had left
We had a fabulous selection of meze followed by lentil soup which came with lovely garlic bread croutons then the most succulent roast chicken I've ever tasted.  Finished off with cup after cup of cay!  Every single thing was homemade and absolutely delicious.  We honestly couldn't fault a thing.
We went back for lunch the next day with Keith, Steph and their girls.  Again we were all shown into the kitchen to choose what we wanted to eat although this time there was a man present who spoke great English so the explanations were easier   :)
Chicken soup, with those great wee croutons again, more meze and an amazing aubergine and meat dish that I didn't get the name of.
I can honestly say it is one of the best finds in Calis for a very long time.  Anyone, who like us, loves Turkish cuisine should make a point of visiting.  It's easy to find too.  Right next door to Alo 24 and facing Akkent Garden.
I am hopeful that they are still going strong when we are back over in May next year.  They deserve to do well
Anyone on facebook can find them here: 
https://www.facebook.com/kahvealti48/?ref=stream&pnref=lhc
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 18:15:21 PM by Anne »

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
Re: Kahve Altı
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 17:10:07 PM »
We discovered this eatery this year. It is absolutly
brilliant. They will share the receipes as well if you ask. Its the best value ever, so cheap

Offline yabanci

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 18:29:40 PM »
One of our favourites as well.Like the fact that they offer to cook any of your favourite dishes the following day, if you ask for it.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 06:18:07 AM »
Definitely worth a visit, great value and really delicious

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »
Are they open all year does anyone know  please?

Offline yabanci

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 09:35:45 AM »
Yes they are.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf