Author Topic: Meeting Point  (Read 10798 times)

Offline kimmie

Meeting Point
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:12 AM »
Hi All just got back from our wonderful holiday but feel the need to put my unfortunately negative review regarding  The Meeting Point. It was our last night for 3 couples and decided to eat at the above restuarant. We had a table reserved which was great and the complimentery starter eas OK ish We then ordered 5 fillet steaks and for me the fillet plank meal (which i have had several times at different restuarants) the steaks all came and 4 of the 5 were slightly over cooked not the way we asked i suppose we should have sent them back but we didnt my steak plank was not meduim more to well done and not covered in the bernaise sauce as it normally is it was fairly dry and the piped mash potatoe around the edge was splodged on and not too hot so altoghether not impressed but even worse when we had finished we were not asked how our meals were and 2 of the plates both had a lump of steak on the plate the waiter instead of clearing our plates asked if we had finished saw the steak that was left asked if he could have it for a dog and then forked it up there and then and threw it to the dog it was disgusting  i dont have a problem feeding the dog but first remove our plates take them to the kitchen and then give the leftovers to the dog. So our last meal of the holiday was not good . No tip was given and probably will not go again.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
Re: Meeting Point
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:14:46 AM »
Wow, this does not sound like the Meeting point I know, we have never had a bad meal in all the years we have been frequenting meeting point.
Did you raise this with Ahmet, as he is usually so attentive when people have finished their meals to see if they have enjoyed them or not?
As for the dog I can't recall seeing a dog in there, sometimes Edi's dog calls in, but not often :(

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »
Sorry you had a bad experience Kimmie.  It's such a shame when somewhere comes highly recommended and it does not live up to expectations.
You should have spoken to Ahmet.  He would be so disappointed that you didn't enjoy your meals and I am sure would have sorted something else out for you.
We have eaten there loads of times and always had a great meal and great service to boot.
Where was this dog?  Like Spo6666 I have never known a dog to be in there never mind be fed by the waiters

Offline kimmie

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:48:39 AM »
 There was numerous dogs on the street.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:52:30 AM »
We too like Meeting Point and had some good meals there a few weeks ago. As said, Ahmet would have been so disappointed you were unhappy and he would have done his best to rectify the situation.
They don't have a dog.  I think it would be Edi's dog from next door.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:57:22 AM »
Last time we were in there in June I thought it was very average and Ahmet was not his usual attentive self,being more interested in his mobile phone or attracting customers in as opposed to interacting with those already seated.A case of resting on their laurels maybe?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 12:24:22 PM »
I do hope not Steve.  That is a sure fire way to lose the good customer base he has

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 13:13:54 PM »
He has reasons to be on his mobile, something he explained to us.  Also, their takings are down as are other places, so he is not resting on his laurels.   Like others he is trying to keep his restaurant busy.

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 13:22:56 PM »
I have friends who swear by this place ,but In  my view the food and  service is no better than a number of other restaurants in calis. I found it a manic  in there.  It was always busy last August though when I went past.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 13:37:27 PM »
As I have said on previous posts, the Meeting Point is not as good as it used to be. When they produce a T Bone steak that consists of an attached sirloin and a none attached piece of cheap steak masquerading as the fillet,then it's time to go elsewhere to have your steak fix. I did and now I get the best steaks in Calis at Dawn Beach. Shame people don't go here as they feel this a sports bar so would not know how to cook steak. Well they do and it's excellent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf