Author Topic: Home insurance  (Read 7913 times)

Offline suehugh

Re: Home insurance
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 20:48:51 PM »
We used Intersure last year and are likely to renew. They also provided our Dask.
They are on line and UK based so easy do do from UK

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 21:43:25 PM »
We use Intersure too. Been with them about 4 years now.  Were told that the Turkish Insurance Companies require you to keep receipts for everything and do not settle with the new price for any item, they give you the price they think the item is now worth.

Offline quackers

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 05:40:19 AM »
Dısagree Jacquı. Yes you are expected to keep all receıpts for the length of the guarantee  we staple them to the guarantee and fıle them. A turkısh insurance company paid out new for old when my friend got flooded. All she was asked to do was fınd out the current purchase price for the goods damaged. There are good companıes out there.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 08:06:56 AM »
Possibly, but best to check just what you get first before you commit.  I have heard too many people over their telling me they did not get what they expected with their Turkish Insurance Company.
Entirely up to the individual, but we will stick to Intersure.  I think I first heard of them when Scunner recommended the company here on CBF and we are very happy with them.

Also, to anyone getting insured with a Turkish Company, make sure you DO have all your receipts before you sign up. 

Offline lizdev

Home insurance
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 08:32:22 AM »
We were broken into twice a few years ago and had no problem claiming with very few receipts.  They did deduct something for wear and tear but don't recall it being that much This was with Nicholas Sigorta who are no longer in business now but we couldn't have done all the business required without the help of Denize who worked there.  She helped with getting the Jandarma reports which we would have found really difficult.  We are now with Dinah at Renar office and hopefully won't need to find out how they compare x

Offline quackers

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 06:02:56 AM »
And get your polıcy prınted ın Englısh then you know what you are payıng for.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 12:23:52 PM »
I've got mine through Finansbank but i've never claimed so not sure how good they are.

We also have ours through Finansbank.  Previously we used Intasure but premiums kept going up and up so had a hunt about for something better and as (at the time) we had two other properties with basic cover through FB got a quote.  For a similar level of cover it was 60% of Intasure's.  As regards claims, I had an ask about and funnily enough, the negative responses were all about Intasure when making a claim. 

I'll concede that if you rent your place out then Intasure provide cover in areas FB don't, but thats not an issue for us.

JF

Offline jsp51

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 17:16:09 PM »
Binned Intasure a few years ago. The amount they increase premiums every year is taking the p***.
Also we found out, by doing what we know we should have done from the beginning but never did, that is read the VERY small print, they did not cover our house against earthquake because it is a traditional stone house. (Kargir)
Now also with Dinah at Renar and all seems ok. All policy's in Turkish and English and as said before normally about 3 options to choose from.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 20:30:17 PM »
As I understand it we all have a Dask for Earthquake Insurance, but this only covers the clearance of the land about 50,000 Lira.   The Earthquake Insurance we have with Intasure is around one million pounds.  Hope we never need to use it.   However, we have checked and it does cover our property, so best for others to read their small print too, but I don't think too many members live in old stone built homes.

Offline quackers

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 06:13:13 AM »
Dask ıs compulsory ın Turkey for everyone and ıs Government led so no dıscounts available.The cost goes on the sıze of your property. On your Dask document ıs the ammount you wıll be paıd by the government to rebuıld your property and clear the sıte. Thıs is obvıously not enough , ıt would only rebuıld the shell of the property, so you take out buıldıngs and contents ınsurance to cover the the rest (fıxtures,fıttıngs, wındows, boundary walls etc). You choose who you want to rebuıld your property for you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf