Author Topic: Using my Finas card in uk  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Using my Finas card in uk
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 19:59:28 PM »
Ha ha KKOB that has made me laff out loud   ;) Igone ( kedi in Turkey) has had her op and gone to new home   :) my cat in uk took ill and has loads of things done and we were all soo worried about her pulling through over the weekend we didnt give a thought to the vet bill cost, however once we started to get some good news reality set in and we were quaking in our boots re the vet bill so i thought about putting the interest I will have gained through the winter to the bill, as it happens its not as bad as we feared still a blooming lot but our girl is worth it she is still at the vet and i went to visit her yesterday...i am now looking at taking out pet insurance   ;) 
Thank you all though for your thoughts re my pussies   ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 20:26:11 PM »
He made me laugh out loud too Karen!  ;D >:( ;D

He frequently does, he is a very naughty boy!

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 21:20:37 PM »
Igone looks well happy with her new surroundings.  UK vets bills are frightening even with insurance.  Pleased that it was not as bad as you had feared, hope Puss is on the mend.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 22:58:58 PM »
Im sooo very pleased Igone has finally got her ears sorted out they look sooo much better, im going to go and visit her next month take her some treats and some tubes of cream for her ears its only £1 in the poundshop...it was very touch and go Friday night re Kev ( uk cat) we were told to prepare for the worst, one vet had said about having her put to sleep, i had my head on the examination table buried in her fur came up for air and said im not doing that please you have to try something! Anyway she has amazed all the vets, i went to visit her yester and she is weak but happy and breathing loads better, going to visit agsin tomorrow and hopefully bring her home Thursday, sometimes I wish I were not an animal lover! :D thank you all for good wishes for my dear Kev   :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 08:00:59 AM »
Glad to hear your cats are well Karennina.

I'm back in the UK at the moment and when I first arrived I tried to use my Finans Debit card for a shop transaction and it was refused. Tried again elsewhere and the same. My bank in the UK reckoned I would have had to inform Finans that I was going to use it abroad and they would have allowed it.

Now that I have read about the charges, I'm glad it didn't work.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
Oh...sorry to see youve had all that worry on top of the Igone situation.
No...dont use Turkish card !
Hope all is well x

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 12:43:48 PM »
I'm back in the UK at the moment and when I first arrived I tried to use my Finans Debit card for a shop transaction and it was refused. Tried again elsewhere and the same. My bank in the UK reckoned I would have had to inform Finans that I was going to use it abroad and they would have allowed it.

I think they simply don't work outside Turkey.  I tried years ago, can't remember circumstances, it didn't work - spoke to Finans and to be honest they were pretty clueless about whether it should work or shouldn't.  Never tried since!

JF

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 14:51:56 PM »
If you want to use outside of Turkey you need to inform head office where you will be and the dates.
We tend to use our Turkish cards when travelling in Asia as the cashpoint fees are less than our UK cards
My TEB card was cloned in Bali which led to nightmare of going to the court to make a statement and lodge it with the prosecuters office.
They then investigate.
A couple of months later I had  a court summons.
It didnt say what it was about only that if I didnt attend within 3 days the Polis would come & get me.
Pretty terrifying.
When I got there they sent me to Prosecutor's office and it was just to sign off the investigation.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 20:52:45 PM »
I wish i had never tempted fate I went to see my dear Kev today and although she has lost a lot of weight she was so more with it and so pleased to see me, i took her a bag if chicken which she tucked into, i didnt wanr  her getting too excited so only stsyed 15 mins, the weather was so lovely so i went for a wander around the little town where she is got home and the vet had phoned and said she had taken a turn for the worse from getting too excited since my visit and is now back in the oxygen tent, he wanted us to go back up and talk about putting her to sleep, once i pulled myself together, i phoned him and begged him not to put her to sleep just now, shes only been on the thyroid meds for 24 hours i dont feel he is giving her a chance now, when i phoned he said she had stabilsed again...no more pets for me after this its just too heartbreaking...
Oh well at least iv learnt not to use my Finas card in the uk! 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf