Author Topic: ipad/tablet to tv  (Read 6935 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: ipad/tablet to tv
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »
Couldn't agree more. If my missus can use one it must be simple to use.  ;D ;D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 14:27:27 PM »
Simpler to navigate it may (possibly) be, but it is built on an very closed user network which means you either can't do things (and probably never will) and it will continue to be an expensive bit of kit.

Whereas the android is a much more open system, easy to connect to other devices (like TV or other items) via industry standard connectivity like USB, HDI and SSD, and by being a more 'open' it has developed more rapidly than the IPad with not just apps but also a whole batch of different manufacturers pushing on the tablet and associated products, in both quality and price.  So the Android will have three major advantages, price, quality and choice.

And as someone who has been involved in delivering Apps to the telecom market, I can tell you every time I prefer the Android 'take on' process over the bureacratic Apple equivalent.  Apple are a hugely arrogant company, which may work when you are the only show in town.  In the next 1-2 years the Ipad (and yes I have one) will become a very niche piece of kit (Like the Mac) and the rest of the industry (like with the PC) will press on with the android, and many App providers may well choose not to develop an Ipad/Iphone version of their updated or new apps.... watch this space.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
ipad/tablet to tv
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 15:40:49 PM »
But until then, the Apple IPad is still the best bit of kit on the market.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 15:58:48 PM »
I expect Apple will just up their game anyway. Also there is room for more than one platform and everyone will have their favourite. I just laugh when my boss tries do do things on his Samsung. He's not the best with technology but surely he should be able to master it? He has no trouble with my iPad!

That's the beauty of Apple - simplicity.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
ipad/tablet to tv
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 16:44:30 PM »
I have an iPad and an android tablet (and for the record a Blackberry Playbook!) and I simply cannot get on with android. Things aren't where I want them to be, they don't move or function the way I meant etc.

UBT is right that android is more open and less regulated. That is why there is so much worthless rubbish available on there to waste your time on!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 18:02:08 PM »
I thought we would end up with a Betamax -v- VHS scenario with apple v the others, seems to me though that there won't be one that falls by the wayside this time.

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 14:27:50 PM »
None of you have obviously tried a microsoft surface tablet! They're the future I'm telling you!!!

Dave

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 14:45:02 PM »
None of you have obviously tried a microsoft surface tablet! They're the future I'm telling you!!!

Dave

They will need to up their game a little then :

TechRadar rating
3/5
 For
■Excellent keyboards
■Useful kick-stand
■Great for Windows RT
■Stylish look and premium feel

Against
■Poor selection of apps
■Standard display
■Heavier than iPad
■Sluggish graphical performance

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/microsoft-surface-rt-1085839/review

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 15:04:42 PM »

Dave

They will need to up their game a little then :

TechRadar rating
3/5
 For
■Excellent keyboards
■Useful kick-stand
■Great for Windows RT
■Stylish look and premium feel

Against
■Poor selection of apps
■Standard display
■Heavier than iPad
■Sluggish graphical performance

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/microsoft-surface-rt-1085839/review

I have to agree with the Apps and the weight.

However the performance i found to be better than an Ipad and my android tablet!

The display I also found to be the same as the android I wouldnt say the new Ipad as they have good displays.

Its all down to opinion at the end of the day. Although, when you speak to people who have apple electronics and you ask why and they say its because Apple is the best for everything it annoys me as they have obviously jumped on the massive marketing band wagon and can't tell you why the tablet/phone/laptop/tv/mac desktop is good.

Rant over haha

Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf