Author Topic: WARNING. LADIES OUT ALONE.  (Read 12160 times)

Offline poppy50

WARNING. LADIES OUT ALONE.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 16:12:15 PM »
Really gobsmacked about this and sorry to hear it.  Can anybody share with me where you can buy pepper spray from.  Would love to carry a base ball bat, however, I dare say it is illegal too.  
regards
Sue

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 16:16:55 PM »
Hi Poppy, you can buy the pepper spray from the 'Fishing & Gun shop', by the Fish market.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 16:33:07 PM »
so sorry to hear this, had a similar, but not as scary, experience in that area a couple of years ago, and there was a group of us

It really scared us and we ended up getting taxis every time for a 5 min walk after that.
Shouldnt be necessary, you would expect to be safe, and especially at 7.30pm!

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 16:59:09 PM »
just a word of warning to all those out there thinking of buying pepper spray
don't let pepper spray take over from common sense
pepper spray is a last resort as you have to be up close and personal for it to work properly
make sure you know how to use it (which way you point it) if you don't then you could get it in your own face
make sure you are close because if the wind catches it, it can get you and everybody near as well (seen the police do that on more than one occasion)
don't forget its our actions not reactions that get us into trouble
 before you go out think about what, where, when and as importantly who
but don't forget it is rare that these things happen  :)

Offline Sharon_Lawtey

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 18:11:12 PM »
sorry to hear this, hope you are o.k

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 18:20:29 PM »
 :) Pete, its not as rare as you think, in fact over recent years its become worse,I dont think many have had the power or the knowledge of this forum to make it known,
Its there for the grace of god go many of us,
what gives these low lifes the presumed right to think that this is ok, yes, by all means report it, and they will come back and say, it was someone from the gypsy camp, or they were'nt locals,my heart goes out to you Jan, and I hope you are okay, but it should'nt have to be a lesson learned, it should be your right to walk a short distance, and as has been said, at 7.30 at night.

Offline sandgrounder

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 20:46:29 PM »
Hi all Thankyou again. I am fine now, more angry than anything. As laffa said why shouldnt we be able to go out alone and walk where we want too. plus i agree that it is happening more often, as i have had emails all day saying its happened to them or a friend. It wont put me off going out at night alone hopefully as i dont want these low lives to win.
Bless you all for your kind thoughts.

Jan xxx

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 21:09:18 PM »
Jan, I am really shocked to read this and I am just glad that you got through this terrible ordeal. I hope these scum get caught and soon. Chris sends her love, take care.

George

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 23:58:35 PM »
I'm dismayed.  -But glad you're OK.  I hope these swines get caught.  Has anyone actually been abducted?  I mean, are they doing this for the fun of the fright they can give, or are they really after abduction/mugging and god knows what. We need to get more info on what's happening.  Maybe there's important clues in where they have tried this/what they do/what car they drive etc.

Sorry this comes across as a touch Mrs Marple, but you never know what this site might highlight and cause  them to be caught.  Or at the very least help, would be, future victims to avoid this.

Its a damned shame.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 00:01:37 AM by Rindaloo »

Offline tora

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 00:28:01 AM »
Gosh - what a horrendous ordeal. Thankyou for sharing it though. I am coming out in the summer with my mam & sister (ie 3 women alone ) this summer and whilst we are fairly sensible we will be extra vigilant now. (not that i am saying you aren't /weren't )
My worry is there intentions... doesn't bare thinking about.I know this could happen anywhere-but we are all guilty of letting our guard down a little on holiday at some point.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf