Author Topic: Calis on a budget!  (Read 11829 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 16:17:41 PM »
Off topic  but I spotted the poor dolphin laid out near the taxi rank. Looks like it needed a swim and a drink of water to me.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 16:39:58 PM »
The 12 islands cruise shouldn't cost much more than £10 each for a full day out including bbq lunch. Late Oct there should be plenty of availability, so probably best to go to the marina in Fethiye 1/2 hour or so before departure time & haggle on the basis that if the boat's going anyway, 2 1/2 extra passengers are bunce!

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 17:07:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

The Dolmus buses to Fethiye are cheapeast at 1.5 ytl each trip per person, the boat taxi is 4ytl each trip per person, taxis are about 10 to 15 ytl depending how much you can haggle.
The boat trip being much more pleasant.

The blue bus to Fethiye is the cheapest Tinx, it only costs 75 kurus, so you can go there and back for the same price as a dolmus, and they go all the way down the main street in Fethiye, just in case you are going shopping in Carrefour, or any of the banks. Alan

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 18:30:37 PM »
of course you are right Alan,I always forget about the blue bus, probably because the dolmuses run every 8 mins and the blue every half hour.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 18:51:16 PM »
You need to get the blue bus at the "Autobus" stops, they are pretty frequent along the route.

Is that my fastest answer ever? :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 18:52:07 PM »
officially no only at the dedicated bus stops, but i have flagged one down before.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 21:09:59 PM »
12 Island tour was £8.00 on one of the ticket desks in Fethiye last week

ron

Offline simon7685

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 01:29:27 AM »
Thanks ever so much for all the helpful answers, it is really apreciated.  I must say if the welcome in Calis is anywhere near as good as ot is on here then I reckon we will coming back year after year!

I think we will try a the local transports out, the boat taxi sounds like a great idea and I can't wait to give it a go!  Having said that though I don't think you can say you've been to a place unless you try out the local buses, so we always do, I hope they are a bit better than the ones we went on in Malta, they were about 100 years old but it all added to the experience!

We will definately do the 12 island trip as I have read so much about it and it sounds really great.  It sounds like it is a bit cheaper than I was expecting, so hopefully we can go another 2 trips.  What would be the best other 2 to choose?  Remembering 1x 8 year old and a 78 year old with a dodgy hip?

It is 15 weeks today we arrive, can't wait!

Offline Eric

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 11:46:50 AM »
Just get out and about from Calis and see other areas and you won't have to always do organised tours.
A must is a day and evening at Olu Deniz. Sugar Beach club on the back road of the lagoon has a great shallow sandy beach suitable for the young & old. Get a dolmus into Fethiye and then get the one to Olu Deniz (it will take in total about an hour) and ask them for the Sugar beach and he'll probably drop you off at the entrance.
If you do a search for the Sugar Beach Club in Olu Deniz you can see for yourselves.
They have their own transport which will take you back to the dolmus stop at the end of the day and you can then stroll around Olu Deniz have a cocktail whilst watching the Paragliders land and may be a meal before heading back on the Dolmus to Fethiye & Calis.
Guaranteed to suit all ages and Olu Deniz is one of the most beautiful natural locations in Turkey if not the world (IMO)
Enjoy your holiday and I'll bet you will return.
Eric

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 13:55:08 PM »
Simon, I'm sure you will enjoy it and return again, a large number of our family and friends visited for the first time this year and stayed in various hotels and aparts, everyone of them intend to return,we never told them where to eat or anything, and not one of them had a bad meal, you just chill and enjoy,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf