Author Topic: Calis on a budget!  (Read 11830 times)

Offline simon7685

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2009, 13:20:46 PM »
I have just tried to open a flex account and they only offered me a cashcard account, so that is not an option for me sadly.  Has anyone on here ever used any of the pre paid cards like Fair fx or Caxton Fx?  I know these don't charge any ATM fees or transaction fees, or at least that is what they advertise.

Offline julesbob0303

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2009, 16:12:54 PM »
Simon, if you are thinking of booking trips, have a look at the Carole and Tayfun website (www.caroletayfun.com).  They offer a 15% discount if you book online.  Just booked some trips for our August holiday and thought the prices were excellent.  The prices shown are already the discounted prices.   :)

Booked a 3 islands trip (slightly later start than normal - 12 noon) for £7.65 each, including transfers and lunch.  As you don't actually go to all 12 islands on the other trip (and we've done it a few times anyway!), thought this would be a bit of a change.   ;)

Offline simon7685

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2009, 22:00:52 PM »
Thanks very much for that Julesbob, that is ideal for me to be able to book in advance, I will be off to have a look now!

Offline simon7685

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2009, 22:37:21 PM »
We don't arrive until 19/10 and all the trips seem to finish on 15/10!  I have e mailed them to ask if they do any trips after 15/10, fingers crossed as there are some great trips on offer and the prices are really cheap as well.  I expexted them to be a lot more than they are, hope that applies to everything else as well.  I have been quite worried about making sure we would have enough money to last us but if everything is as good as these prices, we might even have some cash left for duty free!
Thanks again for the website address julesbob.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Calis on a budget!
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »
Simon, the weather will be much cooler when you arrive thus the boat trips end but I'm sure if you walk along Fethyie harbour you will be able to haggle a good price as it will be the end of the season

Offline susuz.1

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »
... and the sea can be rougher  :o :o

Offline julesbob0303

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2009, 19:35:20 PM »
Whoops, sorry Simon, didn't realise the trips finished before you arrive!   8)

Depending on the weather, which should still be pretty good (well I hope so anyway, as we arrive on the 24th October for a week - without the kids  :D), I'm sure you'll still find lots to do.

Offline simon7685

Calis on a budget!
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2009, 23:50:31 PM »
I know its the end of the season but I hope we still manage to have some decent weather and a bit of sunshine.  If we like Calis, which I think we will we will be aiming for Summer 2010 for a repeat visit.  There was no way we could afford summer this year and I didn't want our daughter out of school too long, so tied it in with half term.

We went to Crete once and the weather was still in the mid to high 20's at the middle of October so we have our fingers crossed!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf