Author Topic: Celebrate @ Misha & Tom's Freedom Party  (Read 14918 times)

Offline busybee

Celebrate @ Misha & Tom's Freedom Party
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »
The venue looks fantastic, not sure where it is tho, can you get to it by dolmus from Fethiye?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 14:03:58 PM »
Hi there - thanks Heather for the offer of a bottle - I will liase with our one and only Tinx (and the "organising committee" that meets far too often) about how we can manage a raffle on the night.

Thanks again

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 14:17:33 PM »
Nichola sent you email with another prize

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 14:18:21 PM »
How to get to Aksazlar beach Club?

Well it is incredibly easy and you can even get there and back into town on the Dolmus and the same Dolmus will take you on to Tasyaka. Change in town for other locations...

So, all you need to know about getting there

It is exactly one kilometre from the ship/boat yard in Karagozler at the edge of Fethiye on the road that runs to letoonia. I measured it myself last night.

There is a HUGE car park for drivers.

The Dolmus stops there in the car park to pick and drop people off.

The Dolmus to catch is the Tasyaka to Karagozler Dolmus. We hope to arrange extra Dolmuses on the night until 2pm both into town and onto the nearby areas like Calis, Ovacik, Hisaronu and Oludeniz.

Please don't hold me to this or blame me if implementation of this in practice isn't perfect, I am only reporting what I have asked for and someone else has taken responsibility to make it happen. I will keep checking it though.

The other option is that there are tents, lots of little tents that can be rented so anyone that wants to crash out over night - well you can :D

More info about the venue to follow...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 14:37:19 PM by nichola »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 14:36:40 PM »
The Venue is simply HUGE so I am going to take you through some of our plans and thinking while describing the setting.

Firstly the stage is down by the beach. This will be raised about half a metre higher and health and safety was mentioned several times last night.

Two palm trees are being moved to create a less interupted view for the audience.

The back drop will be the sea and the lights of Fethiye to the musicians.

In front of the beach and before the stage is a lovely grassy area which will have blankets for people who like the more picnic festivally feel.

Just behind the blankets there are lots and lots of colourful bean bags with little tables also on grass which will a lovely area to lounge.

Back from there there will be numourous tables and chairs for the more stately and those that prefer a proper chair to sit in.

As you are facing the sea there is over to the right beyond the grassy area another huge area with those sort of wooden tables with attached bench seats. Not my idea of comfortable but somewhere else to sit if need be.

There is a fairly large terraced area and also a covered but open eating area again more than the photos on the previous page reveal.

Behind the restaurant are lots of little tents for those that fancy staying over night.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 14:47:03 PM »
it sounds fantastic, I wish it was a week later when we're over

Offline Rosy

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 16:46:01 PM »
Have ordered two tickets from Sener at Winehouse Uzumlu. Really looking forward to it sounds fantastic.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 22:54:15 PM »
We will be meeting next week to work out the details of the Raffle on the night so watch out for more information coming soon.

We already have a fabulous first prize - not the sort of excursion you can normally buy here and it can be held over until next year.

We have had two great offers from Heather and Jacquie is bringing us something too and we have also had offers of a weeks free accomodation (details tbc)..

We just need to sort out the logistics and then we'll be able to share more info with you and let you know who to contact if you want to donate a prize.

All the proceeds from the raffle will go to the Dolphin Rescue and Rehab Fund.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »
Journey of a piano player: 'Jef' Giansily

One of the musicians playing at the Jazz at Aksazlar Beach Club Friday Sept 10th

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=journey-of-a-piano-player-2010-08-11

Please see a link on the first page of this topic where you can pre sample some of Jef's music

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
Had coffee yesterday at the venue , truly fantastic !!! another must for places to visit.Calvin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf