Author Topic: Are your wills ready?  (Read 16717 times)

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Re: Are your wills ready?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 17:07:47 PM »
and mercury you trust me i know what i am talking about and i recommend you to dea lwith a solicitor not follow what loz says or you might be so surprised

Offline Eric

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 17:09:02 PM »
so what is your point than?
turkish will is for turkey, so dont bother adding things in uk, for uk stuff make uk will,
it would cut down most of the cost

I think this is the point Loz is making;

"The costs,
The Will approx £300 each in Turkey.
when a named UK citizen) person dies
cost of a lawyer, cost to the judge to open  the Will, the cost of UK lawyer to swear Allegiance and draw up Afidavits, cost of Apostile certificates, cost of returning to court, then the cost of Uk lawyer to ratify to Turkish courts the information for the Will.  Notary Fees, Sworn Translator fee. inheritance fees to the Tax office, these are 2 tier depending if a Will or no Will, if a Will is involved then the cost can be 10% of the price of the property. Then the Tapu manager will agree to transfer the Tapu to the named beneficiaries."

This and a lot more is required to action the Turkish will on Turkish assets.  Even after all of this the Turkish Judge may over rule the will.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 18:52:15 PM »
Am on the edge of me seat here
Come on Loz where are you girl?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 19:28:13 PM »
Maybe Ytokgoz is helping all us forum members out of the goodness of his heart or maybe he is just plugging his own property pages who knows? but I object to having a friend of mine insulted in this way. I would rather take the word of Loz and 3 of my friends who have gone through the Turkish will system and struggled with bereavment at the same time...2 of whom would never have made a will if they had known the stress it caused them.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 19:31:44 PM »
He is ignorant of the facts, so I have posed a FREE question to the lawyer asking for conformation of cost and steps taken.  if they return a reply, and I am not holding my breath,  Like all lawyers unless there could be something at the end of it for them why should they give an answer?
To answer in an affirmative to my quotes and questions would mean many Turkish Lawyer could lose client in turn equals lose of payment. 
We all know the extortionate cost of writing a Will, all I am asking is that a lawyer confirms upfront how much it is going to cost to Execute the Will. 

Lets all wait and see.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 19:36:46 PM »
Its just my friend a downpayment of 4000TL to activate the will and have the judge open the case...That was a "downpayment"

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 19:39:24 PM »
sorry Mercury posted at the same time.

Thank you for you ALL for the posts of confidence in me. 
Yet I must stress that I am not by any stretch of the imagination a professional legal person, I have the added advantage of time on my hands and used it to talk to Advukats (Lawers/Solicitors), Notaries and others in the legal professions to gain my answers.  It was something that was at the time personal to us as a family, and finding that the true cost of executing the Will, not to mention the heartache and stress at a time when not needed. 

Offline ytokgoz

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 19:45:41 PM »
dear mercury;
"Maybe Ytokgoz is helping all us forum members out of the goodness of his heart or maybe he is just plugging his own property pages who knows? but I object to having a friend of mine insulted in this way. "

I have every intention of my advertising my property pages yes it is true; do ı earn money from it no! if you read the about us bit you can get more details why i have done it.
Insulting? your friend (loz) is insulting her self by being racist and stereotyping.

so loz what is the legal, cheap and efficient way of sorting the wills in turkey? as 80 sth years old turkish government and her  solicitors has no idea, i would like to listen from you as in your earlier post you said there are soe many other ways .
can you please list 3 of the ways you know? it would be beneficial to all. 

Offline ytokgoz

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 19:48:43 PM »
i just can not get my mind over that a expat is recommending sth not legal and others agreeing to do illegal things. it is just as all the tourists coming to turkey and not using helmet or seat belt  as turkish people dont do it . you should do what legal and right is for you , not to wear helmet or seat belt because turks dont do it either is wrong.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 19:59:24 PM »
Stop there!  This is about Wills, should you wish to start on the Helmets and Seat Belts and how your countrymen operate then start another thread. 

The point that you have jumped on has been taken out of context because you have not read everything on the matter, you have been blinkered into reading a conversation between me and a Lawyer, she has since said that it can be done by this way that is mentioned but needs looking into further.  Unfortunately, the thread containing this information is on the 'old' forum and will take some searching. 

But as for the £5000 cost to have the name changed to that of the surviving spouse is correct, ok it maybe approximate and is probably much more in reality.

How much is it to execute a UK Will?  Nowhere near that much.
Yet please point me in the direction of a blog/article where the Lawyer is telling the truth to the cost to UK citizens for executing their Turkish Will.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf