Author Topic: Review of Calis I don't understand??????  (Read 22533 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Review of Calis I don't understand??????
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 13:35:49 PM »
Calis   :o :-\ "Sex on the beach" :P where did they stay    ;) sounds nothing like Calis to me
The reviewer is referring to a drink, Patrice, not an activity in which they indulged ... but if you feel inclined ...

Offline Baznshir

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 13:40:13 PM »
Must agree that Calis is not what it used to be and as for karaoke, it does tend to lower the tone. The Beach bar is over the top with the loudness of its music and there are some others that try to compete but you will have to go a long way to find a nicer resort. We first came 11years ago and have been coming back ever since and will do so until we can no longer make it.

Offline RACHEL83

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 14:21:57 PM »
Which beach bar is this? I'm due to arrive on Moday, staying at Sunset Beach Club

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 14:26:16 PM »
It's loud but I doubt you'll hear it right down there. Don't panic!

Offline Phil

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 15:11:12 PM »
Isn’t it odd how you accept something until someone else points it out ?

I’d never really thought about it before, but those blokes selling cheap and nasty flashy and whirly things are just a bit tacky and do make the place resemble Blackpool.

Now that someone else has bought the subject up, these blokes are going to annoy the hell out of me.

I’ll be yearning to see the return of the more traditional Sock Man and the Carpet Man and the Perfume Man and the Rose Man and the boys with the Scales. ( And I never thought I’d ever say that !)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 15:21:13 PM »
Easy answer, if you don't like Calis, go elsewhere, I'm sure that the bar & restaurant owners won't miss anyone who decides to " move on " !! Lorraine HATES Calis with a vengeance, but puts up with it, because, quite personally, I LOVE it, I LOVE karaoke, I LOVE the " buzz " of the place, but then again , that's my choice. We come over on September 8th, but are staying just outside Hisaronu for a change, in an hotel which we have used before, far enough from the centre to be quiet, but not too far that we cannot go there when we feel like it . As I said before, if you don't like a place, no-one is forcing you to return !!   8) : :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 15:50:28 PM »
It doesn't sound as though the reviewer will be returning. But you have to explore new places in order to know whether you like them or not. Reading reviews isn't much help, is it? Except on CBF of course ... he added sycophantically.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 16:02:20 PM »
Much in the same way some people love to spend their summer holiday up a mountain and I can never fathom why (Hisaronu/Ovacik), people are also allowed to not like Calis  :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 16:05:56 PM »

Calis   :o :-\ "Sex on the beach" :P where did they stay      ;) sounds nothing like Calis to me
[/quote]The reviewer is referring to a drink, Patrice, not an activity in which they indulged ... but if you feel inclined ...
[/quote]
lol Whoops .....and a bit  old for that now not the drink may I add but 'sex on the beach'  :-[   ;)

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 16:13:31 PM »
Sounds pretty accurate to me. We love where we stay in Calis but prefer to go into Fetihye for meals and evenings out. Calis is a bit tacky!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf