Author Topic: Sea pollution ????  (Read 52826 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Sea pollution ????
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »
There are some worrying posts on FB regarding the strange colour of the sea at the moment. Has anyone on here noticed it?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Sea pollution ????
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »
I've noticed all the bleating going on on Facebook. "The Tourism Dept need to do something about it" "someone needs to issue a statement".

If those people posting on Facebook are that concerned they should go and ask the  relevant people about it as I suspect there aren't any local government employees reading the page and/or passing on the concerns.

If a statement were issued I doubt there would be many of those complaining that were competant enough in Turkish to understand it anyway.

:)

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 16:21:57 PM »
This is a BIG problem that seems to have got worse over the last couple of years.

I can clearly remember the sea was crystal clear right up to the shoreline. There did not seem to be pollution of any sort apart from a stray reed or two brought down by the river at Yaniklar. The great sea water quality was one of many reasons we decided to move to this area.  Then, a couple of years ago, this all changed. Swimming in the sea was like swimming in a sewerage farm.  It was (and still is) disgusting. At this time, I noticed a beige colour extending several meters out from the shore line.  At first I put this down to the dredging and other canal work that was going on at the time.  But, since this has finished a long time ago, the discolouration remains.

Although it would be hard to prove, I have several friends who have recently swam in the sea at Calis and all of them ended up with very bad stomachs.

I last went swimming at Calis beach about a month ago.  Unfortunately, nothing had changed.  So I am wondering chris35, whether you are seeing what I saw, or whether it has got even worse now.

So the real question should be "who do you need to get in touch with to sort this issue out?"

I do agree that you can talk about this on forums until the cows come home and nothing will change. So who do we go to for something to be done?

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 18:36:56 PM »
Seriously worried if this is the case, always swim at Calis!

JT

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 23:57:00 PM »
Could it be something to do with the increase in large hotels on the shoreline? I heard the Sensatori had been find recently. Not sure how true that is though.

Offline quackers

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 05:54:39 AM »
Sensatorı were fıned for buıldıng a basement at the hotel wıthout permıssıon.

Offline philrose

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 12:03:52 PM »

Think I'll give the swimming a miss today then.......
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:41:02 PM by philrose »

Offline yabanci

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »
Plenty swimming in it today then. ;D

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 15:16:27 PM »
If you look carefully at the photograph, you can see the discolouration extending out sea up to a certain point. It looks a wierd green now. Perhaps it's algae. If that's the case, then I would suggest the algae is thriving in the water because it is polluted with sewerage.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 15:21:49 PM »
I wonder what effect it has on the turtles ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf