Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson  (Read 10684 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Jeremy Clarkson
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 21:34:30 PM »
i was quite surprised to hear that the first presenter of this programme was Angela Ripon.  Well, they could always bring her back   ;) ;D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 21:53:37 PM »
The guy had a swollen lip, he hasn't complained, he hasn't reported it, Clarkson told his bosses about it.
What has it got to do with the police.? The same police who so badly let down 1,400 white girls.
If they have sufficient funds go and catch the Pakistani gangs that raped and abused these girls.
Some mighty ego's need kicking out the force. Do other members think taking this swollen lip
through the courts, spending hundreds of thousands of pounds of our money is the way to go.?    I despair.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 22:18:05 PM »
James May's description today of the whole sorry saga as a "tragedy", tells you all you should need to know about not only Clarkson but his also co-presenters.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 00:08:50 AM »
Clarkson is a loudmouth, allegedly a thug, and arrogant.I am in no way defending him but.!!
Watch top flight professional footballers on TV inflicting intentional injuries on each other.
Watch top flight Rugby players knocking lumps out of each other intentionally, again on TV.
Horrific racial and foulmouthed abuse. And the police are where.?
Don't get me started on Hillsborough or the Birmingham pub bombings.

There is an elite in the police force and the CPS that loathe or envy Stardom/celebrity or
seek their 15 minutes of fame, and I don't wish to fund it.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 01:05:20 AM »
Top Gear has been on TV for 37 years (yes, really) and has had 20 different presenters. Losing the thug Clarkson and the other two muppets is clearly a disaster and will bring about the ruin the BBC. Did anything else happen today?

Will I still have to renew my television license ??

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 07:48:16 AM »
Normally I would try to apply the UBT Iron Law of Indifference to Clarkson and celebrity in general, but with this one I suspect a conspiracy in place. Clarkson checked out last year from the lucrative financial deal he had with the BBC leaving himself on contract salary only, and since then all I see is him trying to get himself sacked so he can, I assume, go away and work for even greater loot for some other TV organisation.  This would enable the other two public school type chimps to join him, again for more dosh!! Now let's ignore them to get on at some, probably sky, channel, and get Top Gear back to being a motoring show..... Oh and my choice to present would be Robbie Coltraine, someone who does know about cars.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 08:51:37 AM »
I think there's more than a little coincidence that Zayne Malik announces that he's leaving 1 Direction on the same day that Clarkson becomes available for work.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 10:29:18 AM »
Who's Jeremy Clarkson?

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 10:48:46 AM »
He's the guy on the left with the stiff neck, I think.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »
I have to wonder at those who knock jezza on here will be, like the menopausal men and women of Islington who run the bbc today will be holding their hands to the sky at jezzas action only to lower them with their hands out stretched wanting a higher licence fee to replace the fifty million top gear made for bbc worldwide, not forgetting the contacts the bbc has with worldwide broadcasters who will know doubt sue for compensation. If this had been an assault why did the producer not go to the police in the first place instead of wasting A and E time with a fat lip. Proud to have signed the petition.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf