Author Topic: Charlie Gard  (Read 13809 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Charlie Gard
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 20:55:53 PM »
I fully realise that this will not go down well but I will ask the question anyway. I honestly believe that lots of people think the same

Would people allow an animal to suffer in the way that Charlie is reported to be doing.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 20:56:57 PM »
But the question is,  is it prolonging his life or prolonging his pain. Poor little baby.

Exactly lotty.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 21:04:51 PM »
But the question is,  is it prolonging his life or prolonging his pain. Poor little baby.

Ooops - sorry duplicate :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 21:25:34 PM »
OH MY GOD....charlie is a CHILD, someones flesh and blood and a much loved son....not an animal, or last seasons clothing to be cast aside. He deserves a chance of life. As his mother states, if he was in pain, if he was suffering then she wouldn't want him to suffer and continue..but Charlie is fighting to stay and if Charlie is fighting, then they are fighting. There are photos of a child like charlie that received the treatment that charlie needs and there are pictures of them riding a bike  and having a quality of life that no one expected. Why shouldn't Charlie have the opportunity to at least try the treatment?? His parents have said that if he doesn't respond to that treatment then they will let him go. While there is a chance, why shouldn't they fight for it. NAH..you cant be killing your kids because they dont fit into other peoples perceptions of 'normal' For those of us that have lost kids or have kids with incurable diseases, what wouldn't you give for another day with them or keep them here if there was even a small chance of responding to treatment. The other thing is, like the Gards lawyer said, should the same judge who gave Charlie the first death sentence be in charge of deciding if this treatment can go ahead, that doesnt see right..Also remember Aysha King..his parents arrested for taking him out the hospital that gave him a death sentence..now living a normal life, cancer free and back at school and the photo beam therapy that the hospital were so against is now available in the uk.. #CharliesArmy..thoughts and prayers with them all. God Bless little man x

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 21:46:42 PM »
Bernie - I did hesitate about my last post for fear of the very reaction you made. Of course I know Charlie is a child and not an animal.

Before going further I sincerely do not want this thread to develop into an acrimonious argument. Charlie's plight is not worthy of that. I am expressing a heartfelt personal opinion which I believe others share but may not choose to voice. Something that I respect.

There are photos of a child like charlie that received the treatment that charlie needs and there are pictures of them riding a bike  and having a quality of life that no one expected.

As I understand it (and I am happy to be corrected if wrong), the cases sited are different in that Charlie's condition is far worse and more complicated.

For those of us that have lost kids

Been there and very wanted the t-shirt :( :( :(

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 22:10:44 PM by Highlander »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 22:14:17 PM »
I would fight tooth and nail if he was mine. Charlie should be given any possible treatment he can get from wherever IMHO

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 23:06:16 PM »
Today Charlie's dad shouted at the Barrister for the hospital when will you stop lying..they had said that he can't open his eyes,can't see,doesn't respond..except he does open his eyes, appears to respond to kids stuff  on an I pad..His mom posted  a picture of Charlie with his eyes open...she put next to it a picture paints a thousand words..If this baby has a chance,however small,shouldn't he be given it, rather than have his life support taken away. Unbelievable to think they won't even try, this child has 10% chance  now been given 48 hours to produce drastically New evidence..this judge should never have been allowed to deal with this a second time around.

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 23:49:56 PM »
I would fight to keep my child alive, but ONLY if I knew he was going to have quality of life.

Haven't they said he is brain damaged? I wouldn't inflict that on my worst enemy.

Poor parents, poor Charlie :(

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 23:53:09 PM »
So rusty, would you then agree to turn the life support off?

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 23:58:37 PM »
Yes - I would.
That sounds so harsh, but I think you have to think about the life the child would lead, being brain damaged, blind, deaf etc

Is it kind to allow that to happen?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf