Author Topic: survey forms / free holiday scam  (Read 1192 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
survey forms / free holiday scam
« on: October 28, 2006, 16:43:39 PM »
how many people have filled in the survey form that they pass out on the plane home,with the promise of chance of entry into a free holiday draw
well i have filled out 6 this year and i got a phone call on thursday to inform me i had won a free holiday after filling in the survey form,i was congratulated and given a referance number asked to ring a 0800 number and i would be told my holiday details
so i rang the number and was asked was we a coupleand my name to confirm and i was then told the details of my holiday
4 returns flights to either tenerife , costa del sol,or anywhere on mainland spain valid for 18mths
by now i thought i have been offered something like this before so i was getting a bit wary but i let her carry on with her sales pitch.
she then said she would need £29.50 per person and i said i thought it was a free holiday i had won ,administration costs she replied.
she then asked could me and my hubbie go to haydock to pick up the paper work and chat with one of their reps it would not take too long etc etc etc,aye aye i thought TIMESHARE [xx(](had the same experience in tenerife)
i replied my hubbie can't be there as he is working on a contract in scotland ,oh she said we need you both there? sounding even more like TIMESHARE.[xx(]
well ring me back when he comes home she said .not bl**dy likely
so fellow posters don't bother filling in the surveys any more because there is no free holiday only a con to get you there and try and sell you something

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf