Author Topic: Carnival  (Read 3747 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Carnival
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:28:23 AM »
It is Carnival night tomorrow in Hisaronu.....eight till midnight.  It is usually a very good night. :)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Carnival
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
Thanks for info T  :) I'm not there, do you have any details/background to the event, would be interesting, perhaps next year, Ta  :)

Offline Fenlander

Carnival
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:39:03 AM »
I missed it last year because they changed the date at the last minute

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Carnival
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:49:12 AM »
Basically one big street party really lots of entertainers...freeby snacks & drinks although I believe they will charge a small amount this year...fireworks.  Super fun atmosphere I am sure you will enjoy it. 8)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Carnival
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Basically one big street party really lots of entertainers...freeby snacks & drinks although I believe they will charge a small amount this year...fireworks.  Super fun atmosphere I am sure you will enjoy it. 8)

Thank you T  :)  I'll write it in my Turkey 'Things to do, Places to go' book, do you have any idea how it started, is it linked with something? would love to know, Ta  :) :)

PS: Hope you have a great time  8)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Carnival
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 12:18:44 PM »
Tribleleader was last seen heading for the Carnival.....[?]  Have you surfaced yet T :D[?] How was it this year [?] :) 8)

Offline gt

Carnival
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 18:23:49 PM »
the carnival according to fethiye times will be held on the 30th may from now on

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Carnival
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 18:36:11 PM »
They seemed to have lost the plot a bit this year......for some reason the atmosphere was missing somewhere.  May have had something to do with the free beer costing 2.5 TL this time.:( :)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Carnival
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 19:00:10 PM »
:(: :) Oh that's a shame T :(  were there different organisers this year do you know [?] thanks for the update anyway  :)

Offline Sleuth

Carnival
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 07:28:32 AM »
come on .. do you really need a `freebie beer` ??
you surely dont begrudge
 the 2/50 ytl for a beer was very cheap for entertainment of that quality.... apart from the crap drag act ( who finds that funny ?? ) and the freaky male belly dancer ???? the show was very good... ok it was a long time to be standing ... but at least we saw some turkish acts,   and unlike last years  `tacky` atmosphere, we didnt see groups of english girl binge drinkers dancing together everywhere trying to impress the local turks, and groups of english tourista actually queuing just to get a free beer in a plastic mug !! I say `well done` to the commitee for this years carnival !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf