Author Topic: Short Changed At Currency Exchange  (Read 13378 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Short Changed At Currency Exchange
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 15:15:20 PM »
Heather read my thread under "Banks " my daughter lost 100 lira to a shop in Olu.  It seems to be a lesson to us all to count our money and only go to places that give a receipt or places that we know and trust.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 16:46:24 PM »
The money change office in Hisaronu have two main methods of getting 'extra money' from you (and we have been caught out by both).
They either change at the wrong rate and dont provide a receipt
If you ask for a receipt they try and 'lose' 10 or 20 Lira.  They are good at this and even when they count the money in front of you and the money looks right money still goes missing.  You should always ask for a recipt and then recount in front of therm. The problem is that very few people do.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 17:05:54 PM »
I reported  them in detail to the Belediye 3 years ago after a massive conrontation with him / them in there. Believe me it got really serious   and he was blatantly caught out  and exposed by my  accurate  accusations. The Belediye did absolutely zilch about it... its a hopeless scenario  and they just carry on doing it (  as above posts )
All you can do is
boycott them
only change 100
take calculater
take calculater if smaller amounts etc
blow up at him / them
or boycott them.
They prey on people changing cash afternoon / evenings who have been drinking.
Stopping them doing it ?   its impossible.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 17:52:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Heather read my thread under "Banks " my daughter lost 100 lira to a shop in Olu.  It seems to be a lesson to us all to count our money and only go to places that give a receipt or places that we know and trust.

I saw that Jacqui.  Such a shame to con a young couple or anybody for that matter.  I have always thought of Turkish people as being honest.  Plenty threads on here to prove that.  Shame that a few people have chosen to line their own pockets and spoil holidaymakers experience.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf